Kmall's 100 Day Campaign

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Kmall's 100 Day Campaign

Post by kmall » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Hello to everyone here on Imetelchat. I am a migrant from the Yahoo GERN MB who was invited to post here from Andrew-Bp...Thanks Andrew!!
Today is a rather special day for me. I have been interested in Geron and Imetelstat since stumbling across them in 2014. My best friend passed away several years earlier from various sarcomas so in a way I have much more of a vested interest in the success of this company other than just monetarily. I am a GERN Long and as such I have taken a bit of grief over the past few months. I'm not a pumper or a scientist or a medical practitioner - just a regular "joe" who wants this company to succeed on its merit of science and medicine. I'm somewhat intimidated here since I know this is a much more serious forum than the YMB and my scientific intellect is not nearly as strong as some of you, but I do have heart and a lot of passion for seeing something with the potential of Imetelstat coming to fruition. With all that said today is a minor milestone in my endeavor since joining the YMB last fall after the JNJ "walk." I have tailored this announcement for that platform so please pardon the fact that I'm a newbie here. On the YMB I am known for giving the "shorts" there a hard time and that's most likely why I can't post my message there so - Most importantly thanks to Andrew and all of you for letting me post here:

KMall’s 100 DAY CAMPAIGN -

So here we stand Longs and Shorts on what is now my 100 Day Campaign to reach out and inform patients about IMETELSTAT. Let’s surmise where we were and what we have accomplished since I began my self-imposed mission 100 days ago. And then most importantly where we go from here. First what I have accomplished:

1 - Received one direct email response from the FDA regarding Imetelstat and Geron proceeding with P3

2 - Elicited 2 indirect Tweet's from Dr. Scott Gottlieb - Head of the FDA on Dec 21, 2018.

3 - Received over 2,400 "reads" from just 3 of the patient support message boards that I've joined in my posts concerning Imet. That’s 2,400 patients, caregivers and medical practitioners who now have knowledge of Imetelstat and its efficiency. Those are only the boards that track "reads" - I've also posted on at least 3 more. I would put a conservative number of around 3,500 reads from just these patient message boards. It’s most likely in the 4,000+ range.

4 - Managed to get numerous "likes" along with "re-Tweets" from Ron Reblando (one of the most outspoken Biotech analysts who supports Geron and Imet) with several of my Tweets to the FDA, EMA and MDS & MF support groups. He even posted one of my findings recently on his Twitter feed regarding the MDS market potential here in the US.

5 - Reached out to MDS_UK who not only follow me on Twitter now but also will inform their patient community when P3 trials for Imetelstat start recruiting and locations for such. The UK has over 2,500 new cases of MDS every year. This is HUGE!!!! Making strides across the pond Longs!!

Now here is what GERON and Dr. Scarlett have accomplished in the last 100 days:

1 – MOS of 30+ months – 33+ MOS in the patients remaining in the P2 trial extension.

2 - A Chief Medical Officer who was the Global Clinical Leader for Imetelstat at Janssen for 3 years.

3 - A Vice President of Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety whose expertise includes MULTIPLE product approvals as well as professional ties to Pharmacyclics, Exelixis, Genentech ( a member of the Roche Group ) and Celgene.

4 - A World Class CRO who won awards in 2017 for being the #4 CRO in THE WORLD!!! (out of more than 1,300)

5 – Expansion plans for a Bi-coastal initiative with the opening of a location in NJ – which just so happens to be where the world’s biggest Pharma’s have Headquarters.

6 – More job postings with the expectation of doubling their employee base.

7 – The advantage of having New FDA clinical trial changes using MOS as primary endpoints.

8 – A financial outline to fund not only P3 but also an interest in exploring the possibilities of conducting trials for MF and AML.

Wow that’s a lot to fathom in just 100 days. Now let’s take a look at GERN’s SP over the last 100 days.

When I started my campaign on Dec 11, 2018 we were at $1.40. It hit a 52 week low on Dec. 21, 2018 to close at .98. Its intraday low was .95 with a volume of 14.3 Million – quite a sell off. As of today, we sit at $1.77 and large institutions such as Vanguard, Blackrock and Fidelity have added substantially since Q4. It has been over an 80% rise in just under 100 days. If we keep this momentum up – which we most likely will, then we should be at $3.25 by June 29. How ironic that it is also just about the time when P3 is scheduled for initiation. I think when it is announced we will be looking to be more in the $5 - $6 range and possibly higher depending on what other hires are announced by Scarlett. Also ironic that we just had the announcement of 2 new hires this morning.

Ok – so most of this isn’t new to many here who have been reading my posts over the last few months. This was my scheduled “Update”…..NOW for the fun stuff!! And SHORTS take NOTE!! I tried to forewarn you all since Tuesday evening.

I won’t get too into details since it is all in the working stages, but I will keep you informed as things progress….and progress they will. KMall is looking to BROADEN his horizons in a VERY BIG way….think INTERNATIONAL!!! That’s right – across the pond and all the way to the Far East even. A GLOBAL Campaign. And you know what the best part is. I don’t even need a passport to accomplish this. I can do it all in the comfort of my own home while sitting in my underwear. Oh wait, that’s the second-best thing. The #1 BEST thing is that there is NOTHING you shorts can do to stop me. You can’t delete my efforts. So in part I will be rather busy for the next 100 days as I set out to strengthen my campaign. I will try to dedicate at least 1 day a week in doing so. It won’t be easy but I’m up for a challenge. I won’t stop until IMETELSTAT is a household name in several languages. Another turn of events which could turn “sharply” in our favor now as well is the new interim Head of the FDA – Ned Sharpless whose background includes not only being the Head of the NCI (National Cancer Institute) but also having a VERY strong understanding and belief in telomeres and the science behind them and their role in cancer – exactly what IMETELSTAT and GERON is all about. As Martin likes to say – these ARE very exciting times indeed!!

Remember you shorts created not only all of this, but Kmall as well. You should thank your buddies Lloyd Braun and Lenos who encouraged people to commit suicide after the CD bomb. I’m like an elephant – I NEVER forget. So do yourselves a favor and exit out now while you can. And fellow Long’s THANK YOU for helping me with all of your endless research and hard work!! To name each one of you would take a post almost as long as this – but you know who you are…Commsman, Kevian, Prince, Rocky 44, Martin, James (Rowan), Glenn, Earfool, Jingledsassy, LWS2000, Joan, Richard, Hayfick, Stig, Ryan W, Andrew (Bio-pearl), Hunter, Alex and his droggies, Allan, Gern Cures Cancer, WallStreet, David, Kman, Joe Henry, Uptick777, Josh, Alvin, El Guapo, gvccifxr, Gernpa, Jeff, Omar, fsumatty, Robert, Tom, Impeach, Westfalia, George, Chickenlittle, Dave, Dolce, Alvin, Joe, Biotech4life, Sdrawkcabeman, RonB, privateinvestor and any other Long’s here that I forgot to mention. In short, ALL of the GERN warriors here day in and day out helping to fight this scourge that plagues us on this board. Keep up the good fight and carry on!!! The patients across the world are depending on us now to help get this across the finish line!! They are the ones that matter MOST in this story. Let us NEVER forget that!!!

Thank you once again Andrew and all of you here on Imetelchat!!

biopearl123

Re: Kmall's 100 Day Campaign

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Welcome Kamall and best wishes for the success of your campaign. bp

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks again Andrew for letting me post here. I'll keep you up to date as things progress.

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Thanks Kmall for joining the board and presenting your campaign plans. We appreciate your energy and generous efforts to share the message. Your activism has been noticed by many and I think changes minds around this science's potential. Many of us are not and don't have to be, a scientist, doctor or CT investigator to contribute on this board, as I think we can all learn and understand what we have the beginnings of here and where it is likely going in the future.

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Huntingonthebluffs, the few times I have visited this board I had the privilege to read some of your posts. They were very insightful and educational. Thank you for your most kind and encouraging words. I know my approach to inform patients may seem somewhat unorthodox to some, but as someone who has been in several medical situations as a caregiver the one major lesson I learned is knowledge is power. The other is being your own advocate and doing as much research as possible. Even if that is the only message I can impart to patient support groups whether Imetelstat can help or not in their particular situation then it is all worthwhile. Thank you for welcoming me aboard and being most gracious!

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm

kmall, you should be commended for trying to take positive action.

But you didn't get any "response" from Gottlieb... don't let GERN take your SAN points with your retirement money.

The first step should be to get information out of GERN... right now, Scarlett is burying the Mayo follow-up data. Not to mention the MM trial data...

...not only does the FDA not read kmall's emails, they don't even follow up on the 38% of trial data that pharma never releases:

http://fdaaa.trialstracker.net/

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Kmall, almost everyone with whom I have communicated and there have been many, who are interested in this drug, on the board or privately, has lost family and friends. I personally have been hit hard with the loss of family and Fish Sr and Irish became correspondence friends over several years time. Many voices speak on this board including our own Socrates, Cheng Ho (Bill Walker). He is the only person I communicate with so far who has had hands on experience with the drug in a lab setting. Please know that your efforts are not wasted and dissemination of knowledge will carry its own rewards. Having Bill's sometimes skeptical take on things I find valuable and challenging which I think is his intent but I would not ever try to speak for him, he does that part just fine. I don't seek or expect unanimity here, in fact I seek the opposite. I adhere to the adage:"surround yourself by those who seek the truth and run like hell from those who have found it." Sincere wishes of good will as you kick off your 100 day project. Regards, bp

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks Andrew. I tried communicating with him on YMB and I found him to be deceitful. I don't care to elaborate or disparage his being but I'm not into his hidden agenda. His response to me here is a perfect example. My email to the FDA in part mentioned my friend who held a very high position here in NYC Govt. under the Bloomberg Administration. In their response to me they did in fact mention him. As well there was an indirect response from Gottlieb via Twitter on Dec. 21, 2018 - that's what I stated ("INDIRECT") with two Tweets mentioning Investigational Drugs and fast approval of such - 12hrs after I Tweeted him a message and a link to ASH 2018 data. There are several more instances where he has challenged my "SAN" points as he likes to call them where he has just straight out lied and tried to turn the focus on me. I'm a straight shooter and I don't like games or people that play them. I know you hold his background in high regard and that's fine. I did as well for quite some time. At this point I refuse to respond to him and will focus my efforts in other areas besides the YMB. I find him to be disingenuous and I question his being on the YMB day in and out if he feels so strongly against Imetelstat. What other motives are there? As far as my "retirement" money goes I have invested in this company as one should a SPEC stock - very conservatively. I am well diversified and if this went to zero tomorrow it wouldn't kill me. Just read his response to me being here. I muted him out on YMB after trying to be cordial for many months. I'll leave all of that back there and will not carry any animosity towards him here. My mission is to inform patients of this drug. Period. In doing so I also suggest that they search out ALL and ANY avenues possible in an effort to fight whatever disease they are facing. I do so in a respectful and factual manner. What made me passionate about Imetelstat is its potential for being used in various combos and across a wide range of cancers. Up to 90% if I'm not mistaken. I think there is MUCH more to this story than just the drug. Corruption, greed and manipulation are just a few words that come to mind. When we peel away the rotten layers of this onion back you may find disgruntled former lab employees like Cheng ho or Walkerbill or whatever other names he goes by who have turned their knowledge and trust into something a little more sinister and self serving. Again I don't know but I find it odd that someone sits on an "abandoned" message board - as he likes to call it mind you - day and night trying to help everyone out of the goodness of his heart. Just my take. Once again, Thank you for being so gracious with your time today and allowing me to post my message here today. It is truly appreciated!!

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:58 pm

Thanks Andrew. I tried communicating with him on YMB and I found him to be deceitful. I don't care to elaborate or disparage his being but I'm not into his hidden agenda. His response to me here is a perfect example. My email to the FDA in part mentioned my friend who held a very high position here in NYC Govt. under the Bloomberg Administration. In their response to me they did in fact mention him. As well there was an indirect response from Gottlieb via Twitter on Dec. 21, 2018 - that's what I stated ("INDIRECT") with two Tweets mentioning Investigational Drugs and fast approval of such - 12hrs after I Tweeted him a message and a link to ASH 2018 data. There are several more instances where he has challenged my "SAN" points as he likes to call them where he has just straight out lied and tried to turn the focus on me. I'm a straight shooter and I don't like games or people that play them. I know you hold his background in high regard and that's fine. I did as well for quite some time. At this point I refuse to respond to him and will focus my efforts in other areas besides the YMB. I find him to be disingenuous and I question his being on the YMB day in and out if he feels so strongly against Imetelstat. What other motives are there? As far as my "retirement" money goes I have invested in this company as one should a SPEC stock - very conservatively. I am well diversified and if this went to zero tomorrow it wouldn't kill me. Just read his response to me being here. I muted him out on YMB after trying to be cordial for many months. I'll leave all of that back there and will not carry any animosity towards him here. My mission is to inform patients of this drug. Period. In doing so I also suggest that they search out ALL and ANY avenues possible in an effort to fight whatever disease they are facing. I do so in a respectful and factual manner. What made me passionate about Imetelstat is its potential for being used in various combos and across a wide range of cancers. Up to 90% if I'm not mistaken. I think there is MUCH more to this story than just the drug. Corruption, greed and manipulation are just a few words that come to mind. When we peel away the rotten layers of this onion back you may find disgruntled former lab employees like Cheng ho or Walkerbill or whatever other names he goes by who have turned their knowledge and trust into something a little more sinister and self serving. Again I don't know but I find it odd that someone sits on an "abandoned" message board - as he likes to call it mind you - day and night trying to help everyone out of the goodness of his heart. Just my take. Once again, Thank you for being so gracious with your time today and allowing me to post my message here today. It is truly appreciated!!

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi kmall. Glad to hear that you are well diversified. Not so glad to see you continuing your personal attacks, conspiracy theories, and accusations of "hidden agendas"... I'm not even anonymous. Not only did I work on the early development of imetelstat, I've written many articles supporting TI drugs and advocating FDA reform. And I lost a LOT of money on Sept 27th by following my confirmation bias.

The only thing "hidden" in the imetelstat story is the trial data that Geron won't release, and the backstory of JNJ's imetelstat decision... which Scarlett won't let Rizo tell investors.

I want to see TI drugs in use in the clinic, in effective combinations. Obviously, not all the pharma players want to see that... including the one that was supposedly working on making it happen. If you read Dr. Raza's essay in the book "This Idea Is Brilliant", she lays out how the drug-development system needs to change. Probably Rizo is on the same page. Scarlett is obviously not, he doesn't believe in transparency. He apparently doesn't even believe in the TI drug class, since he keeps threatening to use GERN's modest cash hoard to "acquire" an unrelated company.

TI drugs weren't held off the market by message board posters or reptile alien conspiracies. They have been stopped by the patent system and the FDA. And they may stay buried for another decade if nothing changes.

https://www.concordmonitor.com/Will-Tru ... er-6916187

bucbeard

Post by bucbeard » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Welcome Kmall. I follow your comments over on YMB from a distance, as I'm not a registered user over there, and thank you for your commitment to raising awareness of Imetelstat to key influencers and the general public. That's like the wild west over there, so you are serving the greater community quite well as a guiding light amongst the general chaos. Kudos to you, greatly appreciated.

Quick question: did you have an advanced lead on the Stock Grants award Yesterday morning when planning your announcement, or was it just a random coincidental event? Timing was perfectly aligned with that press release.

kmall

Post by kmall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Hello bucbeard and Thank You for the most generous compliment. I do want to assure all here that although my style can be a bit brash when it comes to dealing with the "shorts" and I try to inject humor in what I do - Case in point with "THE ANNOUNCEMENT" as I mockingly compared it to Lebrons "THE DECISION" from several years ago, which was kind of a flop if anyone remembers - I realize that what is at stake here with patients and caregivers is most serious. When it comes to me reaching out to patient support groups I put the humor on the shelf and leave it where it belongs back in the YMB or The Wild West as you referred to it. I want to approach them with utmost respect and admiration for the battles they face on a daily basis. Having been in those caregiver shoes I have some experience for the emotional roller-coaster they are on. For me humor, and in my friend's case who passed was always a way we both dealt with some terrible situations. I know he would be getting a kick out of how I rile these short dwellers on the YMB up. With that said when or if I do post here - if I am welcome - I will try and tone things down a bit. Another thing that I like to do is present FACTS when I approach or communicate with patient support groups. This is where things can get a little tricky for me since: A - I'm not a scientist or a doctor and my knowledge and understanding of telomeres, Imetelstat, hematological malignancies and how it all relates is rudimentary at best. This is where I could maybe use some help in deciphering trial data and anything that may help me to communicate better and of course most importantly being factual. With that said I will gladly accept any help from those here that would like to add their services to what I feel is a worthwhile cause. And B - It seems like the entire Imetelstat data from what I can see and understand is up for interpretation from time to time. Meaning that I have seen what seems to be posters much more knowledgeable then myself debate certain results and data. Most of it goes right over my head. This is why I also waited until after the ASH 2018 data was released before beginning my "campaign" since it seemed like there was a shroud of mystery or "fog" if you will surrounding most of what I was reading.

So my main goal and focus is to get the word out to the patient community as quick as possible and let them know that P3 recruitment IS happening and if it is something that may be in their wheelhouse for consideration to do THEIR OWN research and find if it is something that may be beneficial to them. In no way do I suggest to be a medical practitioner and I tell them that. I simply want them to know that it is a new Investigational Drug that so far seems to be safe and efficient. The main point I want to impart to each one of them is - and it is a lesson I've learned twice now - once with my friend and his various sarcomas and another with a relative who had Guillain Barre Syndrome - and both were at VERY prestigious medical facilities - my friend at Sloan Kettering here in NYC and my relative at Yale Hospital in New Haven - where each had some of the top Doctors in the world looking over them - is that even in those places YOU NEED to be your own advocate. The ball will be "dropped" for lack of a better term, no matter where you go or what you have. In cases like these even a day or two can mean the difference between you potentially being here another month, year, 5 years - and so on. That is the most important message I try to impart. Here's a new drug that can potentially help - look into it - if not then keep looking - don't STOP until you have exhausted all avenues. And then when you figure out how best to proceed with your situation stay on it like nobody's business. Call and make sure appointments are scheduled and made for CAT scans, MRI's etc. - NEVER assume that they will be made. Then double and triple verify that they are made - insurance will take you, etc. This is YOUR LIFE we are talking about - not getting a haircut or a tune-up for your car. In my friends case he had what quickly became terminal cancer. There are a few things that happened which may have slowed its progression or possibly nipped it in the bud altogether. I will never know and that kind of haunts me as a best friend and someone who was trying to look after him to a certain degree. So that's my story and its why I'm spreading the word. If Imetelstat proves to be that once in a lifetime wonder drug that it may very well be then GREAT. If not then I hope anyone who reads my story and message will take the being your own advocate part to heart.

As far as yesterday goes it was the 100th Day of my campaign in spreading the word via Twitter, email and to support groups. I wanted to show all of those reading that even a jamoke like me who has basically a simpleton understanding of this drug - can make a difference with persistence and passion. So it was just a coincidence that Geron announced it's two new hires yesterday morning before my 'big announcement." I had ZERO inside knowledge that news would break or the stock would have a nice jump. Scarlett kind of stole my thunder. That's ok I'll let it slide. Which side note - although I'm not a big fan of this management and their style as far as being an investor goes - I do commend him 1000% percent for how he is pulling it all together with his new team and focus. I sincerely hope he has everyone's best interest in mind which I feel he does. The waters he is swimming in are dark, murky and surrounded by sharks. So far I think he has done a tremendous job from what most would have crumbled from. I understand the covert nature of his business and although as an investor it is frustrating I think he has a lot more up his sleeve than most people give him credit for. We shall see how this plays out. So far it has been one heck of a ride and a story you couldn't even think of making up. Let's hope it's one with a fairy book ending!! Thanks for the support and kind words bucbeard - and once again BIG thanks to Andrew for letting me post here yesterday!! It's nice to be part of a team.