Ground Swell - Voluntary Help

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
ashah

Ground Swell - Voluntary Help

Post by ashah » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Attached below is an email I send (tried to send) to Geron Management after the 2018 crash. Posting Unedited to maintain transparency, and solicit ideas.
================================
Dear Geron Management,
First, I hope you are doing well under the circumstances.  The eyes of the world, and most
importantly, the hopes of the patients lie on you.  When the going gets tough, the tough get
going. Now is our time to get going.

I am A***** S***, and my eclectic professional journey seems to have been molded for
precisely such an opportunity.  I have nearly 10 years of experience in product development,
nearly 10 years of experience in Oncology Drug Development (A***) supporting cross
functional product strategy teams (Clinical, Commercial, Regulatory, Manufacturing), and
nearly 5 years of executive experience in technology services industry.
From the outside (my limited perspective), Geron’s expected challenges (and potential
response) are included below. To be clear, the challenges outlined are my assumptions which
need to be validated, and are likely (not certainly) to be true:
 Challenge #1: Geron needs to maximize resources and reach the next decision point
expeditiously.  Recommendations: Target professionals who are very familiar with the
product & strategy and explore hiring them or bring them as consultants (assuming
limited non-compete exists). Target Janssen subcontractors or their employees if
Janssen employees are out of reach (I have experience doing this at VSolvit).  Geron
needs a few generalists who have - grown teams rapidly, handled wide range of cross
functional responsibilities, and can bridge strategy with execution.  Target
professionals who are very familiar with cross functional drug development, can utilize
technology effectively to magnify individual performance, and are able to think outside
the box (I have experience doing this at A*****).  
 Challenge #2: Grow, Nurture, and Harvest Belivers.  Recommendations: Pandora (the
online music company) has an incredible story where many employees worked for years
without paycheck because they believed in the product!  Let’s see if that can work @
Geron. I certainly would be willing to do that. Geron has “believers” as evidenced by
the social media. Let’s think outside the box and tap in to this social media / social
responsibility following by enlisting these resources to help with our challenges.  While
$$ is a typical motivator, we can start groundswell advocacy movement ~ and explore
the unprecedented steps like open source drug development, and widely supporting
compassionate access program. Show the world that each Geron employee is a
believer and rebuild confidence. Approach the regulatory agencies armed with Data,
and a willingness to push the boundaries of traditional approval.  Enlist experts and tap
in to the new regulatory acceleration pathways.
Resume Attached. I look forward to helping you in whatever capacity I can.
A***** S***.
A Geron Believer 805*** ****   AS****@******.com

jingledsassy

Re: Ground Swell - Voluntary Help

Post by jingledsassy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 am

Bravo sounds like you can hit the ground running. [hope the 500k] is a paper loss...I like the Molded for this job...you have my vote...

ashah

Post by ashah » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 pm

HA....alas, no response from GERN.

1bordersooner

Post by 1bordersooner » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 pm

like your thread and your attitude. Keep up the good work!

pabloe2019

Post by pabloe2019 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 pm

you should also mention how it was very strange that janssen dropped Geron
with a non continuation decision after the drug was offered on compassionate use and that janssen hired people to
sell imet and work on pricing of the drug per linkend ....... and that janssen 1 month prior had it on the list of best future drugs in pipeline
and most importantly the person who probably had the most weight in the non continuation ...went to work for the
company that had the most to loose$$ wise if the continuation decision had been a yes ...........
it gave Incyte few more years to be only drug for MF .........
they have no competitor for MF ... this was outrageous hire.... and just after the non continuation decision

This is a weird hire.

https://investor.incyte.com/news-releas ... ic-officer
More
The Investor Relations website contains information about Incyte Corporation's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.