Going out on a limb

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Going out on a limb

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:30 am

I posted this as part of a private interaction with a well respected poster. I am just putting it out there, admittedly based on not much.

Ok, so my MF thesis is that mod/high risk patients not infrequently develop AML and this is one significant modus exodus. This is of course why they get classified as high risk in the first place by current criterion. They have a high risk of developing AML. But you already know that. So we are perplexed as to how Imet can be considered for patients not eligible for induction in AML without any hint of an antecedent study. My thesis is that the MF IS that study and Imetelstat has changed the natural history of MF transformation with a statistically significant reduction in evolution to AML fitting well with MOS extension, and that those patients who did transform, assuming there are some, are now patients with AML on drug. Hence AML is ALREADY being studied on drug without a formal study informing such. If its working it might allow for a narrow approval in patients too sick for standard therapy. This parallels the end stage patients with MF who qualify for the R/R study in the first place. (No control group). So too would end stage patients or patients too sick for induction qualify for Imetelstat if only for symptom control and life extension. And we know little about symptom control (a co primary end point in the MF study. ) So that is the only way I can see some sort of potential approval in AML at this early stage. And that's my thesis. Go ahead--destroy it, I can take it. bp