New Patent Includes Imetelstat

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
j6proulx

New Patent Includes Imetelstat

Post by j6proulx » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Novartis was issued a patent last week for a new molecular entity that inhibits tankyrase, which can have a cascading effect on temolere access to telomerase. The patent is for Novartis's NME but includes its use in combination with other drugs, including imetelstat:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... imetelstat

I'd be curious to hear of other opinions of the patent and potential for tankyrase inhibition as a complement and/or threat to telomerase inhibition. I would view it as a positive that other pharmaceutical companies are patenting the right to use imetelstat with their drugs.

earfool

Re: New Patent Includes Imetelstat

Post by earfool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 am

Hi thanks for your post

The patent you found reports on TANKYRASE inhibition...from an article written by Solberg in the publication Molecular Cancer research...they state Tankyrase inhibition ultimately affects β-CATENIN and AKT signaling in colorectal cancer. Although I don't think Imetelstat has been yet evaluated clinically for colorectal cancer there is an article on the Clinical Relevance of Telomere Status and Telomerase Activity in Colorectal Cancer.

Here is the link to that.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0149626

All the best

…..earfool

biopearl123

Re: New Patent Includes Imetelstat

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 am

While we are on the subject, looks like Gilead has also filed for a combo patent:

Abstract
The disclosure describes methods for and compositions for treatment of patients having cancers expressing CYP3A enzymes by co-administration of cobicistat with an anticancer agent.

Link is on SA