More on the EHA presentation re marrow recovery

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl

More on the EHA presentation re marrow recovery

Post by biopearl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 pm

To my knowledge, CRs, PRs etc have not been previously described in MDS or MF, of this magnitude, is anyone aware of this occurring anywhere else? (I think Jakosa tried to make the case for JAKFI but I don't remember particulars and if anything there wasn't much of a comparison, correct me if I don't have this right). Here's what came out of the EHA MDS presentation: "CR+Marrow CR+PR was 19% in all groups and 31%" in the naive group. Pretty impressive.

Now for the kicker. If you look back at Scarlett's letter to shareholders in May: "Notably, preliminary data from the first 32 patients in the Phase 2 component of IMerge, presented in December at the American Society of Hematology annual meeting, support our hypothesis from previous clinical trials that imetelstat may have the potential to suppress the proliferation of malignant progenitor cell clones to allow the recovery of normal hemato- poiesis in patients with hematologic malignancies." Allow recovery of normal hematopoiesis. Think on that. bp

Dogonenuts

Re: More on the EHA presentation re marrow recovery

Post by Dogonenuts » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 pm

I think those bone marrow responses closely mirror the original Mayo study. BP, you probably have those numbers right at hand. This replication of results is of great significance, because, how many times have we seen one great set of results not reproduced in subsequent studies? History shows what happens with those who go untreated, so one can easily see the “new” FDA seriously considering AA here.

biopearl

Re: More on the EHA presentation re marrow recovery

Post by biopearl » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:24 am

I will look through my Dr.T notes but I think you are right. bp