Geron is setting the stage to raise capital, a lot of it.

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl

Geron is setting the stage to raise capital, a lot of it.

Post by biopearl » Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 am

I was asked privately to comment on this. I completely missed the ATM sale pointed out by phil but not this time, no one can. While some have suggested Geron needs the money because J and J plans to walk and Geron will have to "go it alone", something fearless JS says he would do with no hesitation, this it so very unlikely and here is why. Actually there are so many reasons why. First a digression, I loved the short attack today that released an obscured 2015 announcement of the study halt as current news. Such desperation. Its a good sign, and is promulgated by those who like to manipulate with FUD I hope no one got caught is this transparent trap. Anyway, to the matter at hand. 1. JS had a one liner about Independent research studies. These are coming and there will be several. (MY opinion)--AML does not qualify since that will probably be a joint project and not independent and would require a partnership with Abbvie/Genentech. 2. Opt in is a given and will require money. 3. Front line MF is likely and will require money. Other projects: MM study showed a reduction in MSCs the reason the disease recurs, to my knowledge specific targeting of the stem cell is something Imetelstat can do and we know NOTHING about combo therapy to target this. Surely its has been tested probably in combination somewhere in the skunk works of Janssen's labs. 4. Tantalizing changes in the Pediatric Brain Consortium Study (study has been completed long ago but the clintrials site continues to show tweaks not in the public domain. In short surprises are brewing and Geron will need lots of money for development. The news is good, just look at the most recent oral abstract at EHA. 5. Approval for MF R/R is a real possibility. Geron wants to be part of all of this and can't with the current structure requiring shared development expenses. They need the money. Don't overlook the basic premise here. The telomere is as basic and essential part of the chromosome. Telomerase is essential part of cell biology, essential. It is an essential part of immortalization of cell clones in most cancers. While Imet targets the telomere, it also has multiple other "non canonical" cellular effects that are perhaps as important in cancer treatment. We are just seeing the tip of a very expensive ice berg. Good luck to all. bp