Take aways from today's cc

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl

Take aways from today's cc

Post by biopearl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:21 am

In the interest of parsimony I will summarize my thoughts in as few words as possible. Several board members in other forums have requested that I do so butI I think most of what I say has been discussed among many excellent posters. Fish has asked that I assume a co moderator position on his very excellent board which I am happy to do. I encourage folks to take advantage of his catalogue of pertinent studies and excellent discussions. I would ask for three things: civility, brevity and pertinence. So to todays cc:

For MF: 1. The obvious: OS is outstanding in R/R and median survival has not been reached but SVR etc. not like front line studies with Jakafi. 2. There are still patients in the low dose group. 3. Primary analysis begins Q2 (that's pretty soon) 4. The continuation decision occurs before the end of Q3 (that's pretty soon too). 5. Multiple indications suggest there will be a positive continuation decision (my opinion only) which triggers 65M milestone, they will also have internal data re MDS by then. 6. The CT site will probably be up dated soon so we can see the wording of the addendum that allows continuation of the R/R study well beyond the original stop date (my opinion). 7. No new clinical data until ASH--patience. 8. The continuation decision could conceivably come sooner than ASH (end of third quarter), this is material so I don't know how they can wait until after ASH. 9. Waffled on phase III study (my and other posters interpretation as you know has been there will not be one.)

For MDS: 1. Excellent data as all know especially in sub group which especially pertains to European patients who it was implied will be targeted for front line therapy. 2. No data until ASH, additional 20 patients enrolled quickly which almost certainly allows for ASH presentation and start of randomized study. 3. If you haven't listened to Dr. Raza you are not doing your homework.

No mention of AML or combination studies. Likely for competitive reasons. We know the basic science data is very strong and there may be multiple indications hinted by recent patent filing. Please feel free to add to list or add criticisms. The past week has been very strong for Geron. Best wishes to all, bp

Dogonenuts

Re: Take aways from today's cc

Post by Dogonenuts » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 am

If I could add acouple of personal meaningful takeaways after listening to and reading CC transcript. Chip seemed very confident that OS would be known to be very meaningful by the end of June, not because it would be reached, but the original endpoint would have been reached. He did mention death rates but not that a median OS was expected to be reached. My interpretation. It was news to me that some were still on the low dose after getting close to three years now.

Also, sounded like they would be going for firstline tx in MDS in Europe since protocols for lower risk were different there, and it would follow that prevention of progression to higher risk would be desirable.

Also liked how he mentioned Geron and Janssen both being pleased about some of the data. No longer did he seem to be hoping for crumbs from Janssen, but seemed to be asserting that Geron was a real partner in this deal now. We all know that there will be AML stuff to follow, so continuation is almost as close a given as the sun rising in the east tomorrow.

Sorry for the ramble.

jpheis

Post by jpheis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 am

Fish- thanks for posting on SA. Glad you are watching. I’ve watched this board for more years then I care to admit. I appreciate all you have done and for keeping this board alive. You didn’t deserve the SA antogonism. Hope all is OK.
BP- thank you helping out in this board and your insight.
I look forward to the months ahead. Interesting times. God speed to all.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:44 am

Great summary, bio. Thanks.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:50 am

Transcript from Nasdaq / Fool Transcripts:
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/geron-ge ... t-cm936889

Dogonenuts

Post by Dogonenuts » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Quoting BioMedTech from SA on his conversation with Gern Inv relations person, “we should not infer that Median OS would be reached by end of Q2!”

We were right in our interpretation of Chip’s remark.