SA is becoming increasingly useless

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
sargasso

SA is becoming increasingly useless

Post by sargasso » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 pm

On the SA board I cannot read any article reserved for “pro” users. Nor obviously can I post to such an article. Nor can I recommend a particular post to a pro article. In other words I cannot do anything with regard to such articles. This gambit by SA appears a little desperate to me. They have just changed the whole nature of their site. I have a hunch they are going to lose a great many readers.

Am I willing to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of avoiding the above? Not a chance. No possible way.

jayfish101

Re: SA is becoming increasingly useless

Post by jayfish101 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:33 pm

I think MTB did some work on his SA article as I am now able to post “replies”, but not new posts. I also can “like” posts and read new posts now. I am not a subscriber and have no plans to pay $ to become a subscriber.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 pm

In order to keep reading an article, you have to copy it immediately while storing it in an archive.

biopearl

Post by biopearl » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:54 pm

I would definitely not pay SA anything. The value is really in the discussion and sharing of information that follows the articles. There have been some excellent articles which (MTB, Hoosier Investor, OOI, CKTC) can be accessed for 30 days. I expect SA to change that for the worse . That is why this forum is the one ring that rules them all. I am hopeful more of the excellent posters on SA will post here. This format is sooo much easier to use and an entire library of relevant material is readily accessible. It is far more valuable and will become increasingly more so as the importance of Geron is realized. Fish's work here really is a labor of love and his motivation is a lot purer than the short vs long stuff we see elsewhere. bp