Geron’s fiduciary responsibility

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
huntingonthebluffs

Geron’s fiduciary responsibility

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Given Geron’s fiduciary responsibility to all shareholders and the company / employees themselves, are they doing everything they can to make sure the value of this company and their assets are properly presented, protected? And to not forget the ethical considerations around speeding the availability of Imetelstat in whatever ways to patients. Only the BOD and management can do this, as the leadership must come primarily from insiders. Are they doing everything within their power to make sure shareholders are being taken care of properly? Sure there are built in restraints in the agreement with JNJ/Jansen and the competitive range of considerations. However, could much likely still be done and explained / highlighted / reminded in the various company communications to lift the awareness of the Imetelstat drug’s progress through the various CT’s and related development processes and future plans. Things most companies must deal with and actually do.

And are they moving forward on important aspects, levels and opportunities, most of which we cannot know? Are they thinking (and acting on) that if / when once they get the impending transaction(s) completed, this company is uniquely positioned with being the only publicly held company (in conjunction with JNJ/Jansen) to move forward aggressively on the various fronts open to the Imetelstat drug and associated science. Cannot a reasonable amount of color, preferably encouragement, around the status and direction be provided at earnings announcements / conference calls?

And probably most importantly do they have alignment at Geron, from primary shareholders, board members, management? This corporate persona, if it exists, would likely be a most robust and exciting factor in lifting frustrations and hopes for all the patients, shareholders and company, who have weathered Geron’s story to this point.

I personally believe Geron is uniquely positioned to execute on this strategy, however are they going to get it done? Have they provided the information appropriate for us to know, have they earned the patients and shareholders trust? Can they speak to how that is being setup, can occur, etc.? What steps do the BOD and management need to take to be responsible to their fiduciary responsibilities and immense potential, are they already doing it? Can they do it alone? Will it take an activist(s) shareholder(s), SEC, FDA, EUA, key changes the JNJ/Jansen agreement / relationship, in the BOD and / or management, etc.? And let’s not forget Imetelstat.info, ImetelChat and SA’s role in all of these efforts.

There is likely a myriad of strategies and plans currently on the playing field, an immense amount of work in progress and planned. No one can and is likely sitting on their hands at this juncture. I am, as usual, complicating all of this but what is there so unique about Geron and Imetelstat that I for one, don’t know more about what is really going on here?

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Re: Geron’s fiduciary responsibility

Post by Fishermangents » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Hunt, you raise many interesting issues. I always appreciate your posts. For now, I decided to trust that they do everything what is in their power to bring imetelstat to market asap. Will that be enough? Only time will tell. I am not going to sit on the chair of the Executives or BoD. I just decide whether or not to invest in Geron. If I wouldn't trust the CEO and BoD I would leave this stock immediately. As long as JnJ's decision is pending and IMbark's fate is not sealed, management will not know what strategies to communicate, although they probably have several in order to respond to different scenario's. I have no doubt that management will be swiftly replaced if they can't handle this. If JnJ continues the cooperation, it will be time to see how JS is going to capitalize in that. As soon JnJ decides and IMbark touches ground with the FDA, things will become more clear. So therefor I wait to see this play unfolding.

There is huge speculation going on regarding GERN. People who try to marginalize GERN by saying that nobody heard of this company and that nobody is really interested, are throwing sand in people's eyes. The stakes are big and therefor it is challenging to sift through the noise we can all read on various message boards and investor's articles. Much pseudo information is released so an atmosphere of uncertainty and doubt is being created, often by people with hidden motives. I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe that imetelstat has a fair chance. But that's a decision everybody has to take for him-/herself. I am a simple private investor, so I try to make things as simple as possible, while leaving the big decisions to those in charge. If they screw up, I am gone.

Fishermangents
Site Admin

Post by Fishermangents » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Btw: I do think communication can be better. Maybe that's why they are hiring a new Director, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications?
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/594497592/

Dogonenuts

Post by Dogonenuts » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:10 pm

While our CEO isnot the best communicator, being the head of a publicaly traded company he has to be ultra careful that he does not mislead anyone in a short or long fashion from an Sec legal standpoint.I am sure that J&J has another layer of shackles on him as well as they don’t want another Pharmacyclics to have to share with some one else.

I imagine he trembles every time the phone rings or the Fed Ex man pulls up to the office in anticipation of what Jansen news he might be receiving.

All we can do is be patient and stay the course depending on how we interpret the info parsed out over the last few years.

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 am

Thanks Fishermanagents, I concur with all your thoughts, except that you are a simple private investor, as you have provided great insight and a very decent and useful forum for discussion and background. Otherwise we are all lost in this endeavor. Anyway, thanks for your feedback, as all the noise in the media and boards gives ample room for serious confusion, I am grateful for you and the others that can and do speak with clarity. The communication from the executives and BOD are inadequate in my opinion and it starts there vs the IR who is just doing their job within the constraints of her management. I also suspect the joint JNJ/Jansen/Geron steering committee has greatly complicated getting the details out about this story, likely by design though.