Solid growth for JnJ explained by SVP / CFO Dominic Caruso

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Fishermangents
Site Admin

Solid growth for JnJ explained by SVP / CFO Dominic Caruso

Post by Fishermangents » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Dominic Caruso, SVP and CFO of J&J from today's Wells Fargo healthcare conference:

"So we’re, obviously, very pleased with the pharmaceutical business and we think that the growth of that business – and I'm not going to quote a particular percentage growth, but the overall robust growth that we see above market in that business – is very sustainable for a number of reasons. One is, the products that we’ve launched still have lots of growth ahead of them, primarily because of the expansion of those indications. So we have, between now and 2019, 40 line extensions planned for those products. So that’s a significant enabler of growth."

"The second thing is, as you may remember, that a year-and-a-half ago, we announced that we're on track to file 10 new products by 2019, each of which had individually more than $1 billion market potential. So, therefore, we feel really good about that pipeline and that pipeline is coming to fruition. And Darzalex is a really good example of that. That product was already approved and the line extension of that product with the new clinical data has now been also filed. So I think that business of creating a robust pipeline within a product by multiple expansions, indications and also licensing-in the product, as you mentioned with our strategy of developing that product, that’s a sustainable model for us. I think it will help us withstand patent expirations and the like and continue a very healthy growth trajectory."

Link to the transcript: http://seekingalpha.com/article/4005027 ... nomics-and