“Next Generation TI Program“

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Lekola_

“Next Generation TI Program“

Post by Lekola_ » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:03 am

Hi all. I’m Geron’s website under “Pipeline” there is a program listed at the bottom of the chart called “Next Generation TI Program” … Would anyone be able to explain what this is in more detail? Speculative question: Could this research and use of Imetelstat provide the most value to both shareholders and patients around the world if proven officially in a trial? is it applicable ultimately to any patients around the globe generally who needs blood transfusions? Has Geron commented on the timeline and specs of this trial? Apologies in advance if this topic has been commented on already. Looking to learn more about this one in particular. We know TI for Imetelstat to be beneficial as a result of existing data/trials/et. What is the boards read on this listing of the Geron Pipeline? Thanks all for your consideration

biopearl123

Re: “Next Generation TI Program“

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:13 am

Lekola, that program is very early and I suspect now Geron will slow roll it and keep the focus on approval for IV Imetelstat. Probably looking at a five year timeline (at least) for development and moving through all phases of required study.

Hoosier Investor

Re: “Next Generation TI Program“

Post by Hoosier Investor » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

Lekola_

You're correct, Geron is working to develop a new Telomerase Inhibitor. No details are available yet, but the reasons are outlined below....

1) In hopes of achieving improved efficacy and/or toxicity (safety) profile.
2) In hopes of transitioning from an infusion-based treatment to an oral (pill) form of treatment administration.
3) In hopes of resetting their patent protection (i.e. Composition of Matter).

NOTE: A prior Geron patent application highlighted the possibility of combining a JAK inhibitor and a Telomerase inhibitor into one (single) medicine....presumably in pill (oral) form.