Public Hearing Comments (Patient #3; Patient #9)

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Hoosier Investor

Public Hearing Comments (Patient #3; Patient #9)

Post by Hoosier Investor » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm

For those of you who didn't watch/listen to the ADCOM meeting, I recommend you listen to the public comments from Patient #3. Her story begins at the 4:32:07 mark of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om-cKKBsMS4

Many of us have "hung-in-there" for quite a while.....hoping the drug (and company) can prove beneficial to patients & investors alike. Her story was a realization of that expectation to me. I was proud that our efforts (as a collective group of employees & investors) have benefited this kind lady, her family, and others similar to her. Her story brought tears to my eyes.

If time permits, I recommend listening to the entire "Public Hearing" portion of the meeting. This portion starts at the 4:17:30 mark, and it runs through the 5:10:10 mark. FYI.....The last story (#9) is another compelling patient story involving a Vietnam Veteran.

In my opinion, the FDA's harsh tone seemed to soften as the meeting progressed based on the data review/explanations, physician observations & feedback, and evidence of the real-life benefits of the treatment as told by the patients & practitioners. 

rccola335

Re: Public Hearing Comments (Patient #3; Patient #9)

Post by rccola335 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:05 pm

After watching not only the patient testimonials but I think just as importantly the docs who have used it - I said no way this doesn’t pass - surprised 2 people still voted no

I think we will be approved before June 16

slooowr6

Post by slooowr6 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:22 pm

Thank you for sharing the video information of the comment from a real patient. It really shows the impact on a patient’s life. No matter what the statistics said, every patient deserves a chance.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:27 pm

HI, thanks for posting this link. I am planning to spend a lot of tomorrow reviewing the parts I missed. bp

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:30 pm

Hoosier Investor wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm
For those of you who didn't watch/listen to the ADCOM meeting, I recommend you listen to the public comments from Patient #3. Her story begins at the 4:32:07 mark of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om-cKKBsMS4

Many of us have "hung-in-there" for quite a while.....hoping the drug (and company) can prove beneficial to patients & investors alike. Her story was a realization of that expectation to me. I was proud that our efforts (as a collective group of employees & investors) have benefited this kind lady, her family, and others similar to her. Her story brought tears to my eyes.

If time permits, I recommend listening to the entire "Public Hearing" portion of the meeting. This portion starts at the 4:17:30 mark, and it runs through the 5:10:10 mark. FYI.....The last story (#9) is another compelling patient story involving a Vietnam Veteran.

In my opinion, the FDA's harsh tone seemed to soften as the meeting progressed based on the data review/explanations, physician observations & feedback, and evidence of the real-life benefits of the treatment as told by the patients & practitioners. 
Yes, absolutely. Once the Public Hearing portion started, I began to make posts (“March 14” thread) as I felt the tide turning. It was incredibly heartening and after the first session of “Judge Jury and Executioner” as it seemed to me, I (and everyone including Dr Feller who made sure to make public comment / note to thank the patients who were brave enough to step into the forum / lion’s den as it seemed in the morning) seemed to feel the weird vibes from the morning fading away…

Here is my post. I also want to point out one funny thing… for anyone who heads to link and listens… whenever the Speaker started with web / connection issues… you knew it was going to be a good / deep / real one… lol

Speaker #3 was a patient from TX, who said she was ready to meet the Lord upon hearing her treatments were not working. Before Imetelstat... needless to say, amazing story.

Speaker #4 is Dr / expert from Cornell, non-sponsored who had consulted with Geron in the past....
"Enthusiastic to have Imetelstat as a treatment option."