2023 - What a Long, Strange Trip it’s Been

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

2023 - What a Long, Strange Trip it’s Been

Post by Ryan » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:28 pm

As I look at the stock price, and realize that for the year the pps is going to be just about where it was on December 31, 2022, I realize what a crazy year it’s been for Geron. (Hence the Grateful Dead lyric.)

Remember that it was in the first week of January that the MDS Phase III initial results were released. Then it was that afternoon that the company raised funds, a lot of funds.
And the year kind of just went from there :roll:

Bottom line is the drug that this board is named for has been proven safe (yes, safe… seems as if we ended the year on that Fear Uncertainty Doubt) and effective, has been successfully submitted to the FDA, albeit with another seemingly unbearable delay for this “fast tracked” drug.
That Review date was clearly the most significant moment of this year, and it wouldn’t be Geron if the most significant event of the year was actually a date for next year, and my take continues to be that the reason this was not Priority is the novel first-in-class molecular structure.

Ferroptosis - that is the word of the year for Geron . Here is what you need to know about what will truly be the most significant discovery / event of the year for Imet.
https://molecular-cancer.biomedcentral. ... %20therapy.

Ryan

Re: 2023 - What a Long, Strange Trip it’s Been

Post by Ryan » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:58 pm

And no announcement for Imet 2.0 ( I would suspect that is coming in the first half of January)…

But of course one more round of Inducement Grants to end up the year! Can’t believe I didn’t reference Inducements as another main theme for the year.

Build that team, I’m not mad at ya.

Hoosier Investor

Post by Hoosier Investor » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:13 am

I think we'll see an early readout on the Investigator led IMPress HR-MDS/AML trial before we hear anything on Imet 2.0. The first patient (1/45) was dosed in June and the trial was ~50% enrolled a couple months ago, and the recent Dr. Lane indicated positive results in his recent article. I would think the results will be published at the '24 EHA conference (latest) since the trial is being led by Dr. Platzbecker (Germany).

https://ir.geron.com/investors/press-re ... fault.aspx

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:39 am

HI and Ryan, I agree. Highly doubtful we will see Imet 2.0 before the end of the year. Another over promise and under deliver, Yes, John, you did say by the end of the year. I have to wonder (again) if the envelope between the intentional and unintentional is breached with intent or just irrational exuberance. Please force me to apologize which I will gladly do humbly, you have 10 days. It may come later but the inter holiday period between Christmas and New Years is not going to see a lot of people running to the office, especially our two person PR department, particularly if they are given nothing to work with. Credibility has value. Honor and honesty still have great value to some, but the world where it shines is shrinking. I would have been physically crushed as a Marine, I am a matchstick of a guy but that has never stopped me from admiring them and their values. Semper Fi. Unfortunately, Lux et Veritas has taken a back seat especially on our college campus’s, even at the highest levels, and on some of our streets.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all board members and friends. We should see some light and good news but will have to wait until next year. bp