Top Geron Clinician Goes To Vividion Therapeutics.....

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Top Geron Clinician Goes To Vividion Therapeutics.....

Post by kmall » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 am

Laurie Sherman, VP Clinical Operations, Geron Corporation - hired 2019 - has moved on to Vividion Therapeutics as Senior VP Project Leadership and Business Development.

**Laurie Sherman was a key Geron employee during the P3 Clinical Trials of IMerge and IMpact.......her departure this past September raises more questions then answers. She followed Dr. Rizo and Imetelstat from Janssen...... something to be concerned about? -Kmall

https://ir.geron.com/investors/press-re ... fault.aspx

KTArsenal

Re: Top Geron Clinician Goes To Vividion Therapeutics.....

Post by KTArsenal » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Kmall, it feels like Dr. Rizo used her fairly new position of power to pull talent away from Geron.

One *could* be led to believe that Dr. Scarlett's conservative approach isn't making a lot of friends inside Geron, but he's also been able to attract and retain high-level talent too, so there's that.

Unsure if it's time to panic losing another CT architect/doctor, but we should keep a close eye on others that begin to jump ship if that should occur more in the future.

The FDA has a lot of people spooked, that also might be playing a role as well. Institutional investors don't seem to be spooked, though.
Last edited by KTArsenal on Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:41 pm

KT - While I don't think it's necessarily time to hit the panic button, losing Laurie Sherman is quite a blow to Geron's ongoing Clinical programs. With her options vested, she walked with those secure - judging from the 2019 PR approximately 500,000+. My guess is that FDA standard review was the deciding factor in her departure since that was announced in August and she went to Vividion in September - again, all SPECULATION on my end. I do find her leaving at this juncture a little more concerning than either Rosenfeld (2011-2023) or Bloom (1994-2023) - both key executives with lengthy careers at Geron. It does signal a willingness for those from the original development team at Janssen to follow suit? This raises a few questions as well, which I won't get into since it borderlines conspiracy theories. However, with the additional ongoing Clinical Trials in combo with Imetelstat, AML, and the next generation TI of Imetelstat we were supposed to be updated on by this time last year, perhaps things behind the scenes aren't as rosy as their updated website suggests? -Kmall

LWS

Post by LWS » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:03 pm

RIZO, Geron and VIvidion

Dr. Rizo wears two hats now: President of Vividion -- (USA subsiderary of Bayer AG--- a German company) and Senior Consultant to Geron. Imetelstat's research going forward will involve new combinations and new forms (oral, IMET-2, etc.). Also, Bayer AG is on the list of possible European collaborators.

These moves, to share talent, may be part of JS's plan to move Imetelstat forward quickly, in new forms with deep pockets always in the picture. JS is always thinking ahead with his own game plan (often a source of controversy). Meanwhile, we wait for ODAC, the FDA and NDA approval.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:05 pm

Kmall, thanks for calling this to our attention. I always seems to find myself in the role of being a Geron apologist. Trying to find some good, some rationale, when something “bad” or at least something that does not seem to further the goals of the company. To me it always looks bad when a higher up jumps ship. I was certainly upset when Dr.Rizo left after a relatively short tenure. But here I go again. Dr. Rizo’s strength appeared to be in basic science and Ms. Sherman’s in early stage development and production. Neither of which have direct application to where Geron stands today. Vividion has meds in phase I at best and what appears to be a lot of emphasis on in house lab research. Clearly Geron has gotten wise and farmed out Imetelstat to multiple labs around the world (unlike Okarma who missed that glaring opportunity). It is truly an apples and oranges situation. Geron has one important and unique drug and maybe one in the pipe (an oral anti telomerase agent that may or may not have some chemical similarities to imetelstat). MAIA, a company I thought might be complementary, is tanking, but I have tried to follow their progress as well and thought information about them might be relevant to this board, if only because of the history honor to be paid to Sergei G. Vividion seems to be directed toward solid tumor treatment. I imagine Ms. Sherman has plenty of vested Geron options and would not stay on as an “advisor”, surely there is enough personnel from the “Department of Redundentcy Department” to fill in any gaps, considering all of the new hires at all levels. But all these guys will be sitting on their hands until June unless some new exciting studies get started. All this talk about, well maybe the FDA won’t call for an advisory committee, come on John, Of course they will, It’s a new NME, NDA and it will need the imprimatur of top scientists and clinicians to get the fanfare and scrutiny it deserves. Unlike other recent meds (read Alzheimer’s), there does not appear to be much controversy about the data or safety. We are on edge about AML data but but the Scarlett way to to make us wait. So it is with the FDA also as we see just how much fun it is to watch the paint dry.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:33 pm

Bp - I was also thinking that perhaps her duration with Imetelstat has run it's course - like Dr. Israel Gutierrez - VP Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety (Jan 2019-July 2021) - who jumped ship for Compugen (which he recently left in Sept) - she felt her abilities are better suited at Vividion? Reading between the lines of course here, there could be a myriad of reasons from personal/employment and everything in-between. I'll try keeping an eye out for any additional personnel changes which may be of interest..... problem is, by the time I find out, it may be yesterday's news? -Kmall

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:12 pm

If Vividion syphons more talent from Geron, I'd say there's a mutiny afoot.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:33 pm

KT - While there were about a dozen or so employees from the Imetelstat development team at Janssen who followed Dr. Rizo to Geron, only a handful were given VP titles in 2019 with oodles of inducement grants attached - Feller (CMO), McBain (Regulatory), Wan (Biometrics) and Sherman (Clinical Operations). There were many subsequent hires following the initial Big 4 - Souria Dougherty - Ex Director Clinical Science - for example, who migrated from Janssen as well, and from what I can tell, all seem to still be in place. I've stopped posting most new hires as of August 1st on this forum, since there seems to be little interest from fellow members here. -Kmall

http://imetelchat.imetelstat.eu/viewtop ... f=1&t=1662

LWS

Post by LWS » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:34 pm

The question becomes: Are Vividion (Bayer AG) & Geron collaborators and allies or competitors when Imetelstat & Rizo are involved?

I believe that Dr. Rizo took the job at Vividion (President) to both advance her own career and to continue her research with Imetelstat for the purpose of developing new and advanced products-- the best of both worlds for her & Imetelstat.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:39 pm

LWS - Along with myself and the other soothsayers on this board, our beliefs and opinions aren't necessarily facts. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:46 pm

Kmall, wrong conclusion. Still plenty of interest re new hires or migration of prior employees elsewhere. Always appreciate the info. In many cases it’s all we got!

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:42 pm

I echo BP's sentiment. Kmall's stealthy sleuthing is an asset to imetelchat.

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:07 pm

not going to go years and not have people leave - sometimes they dont mesh , sometimes management wishes to upgrade and sometimes people want a change and feel they have better opportunities - would only be concerned if we see a mass exodus

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:50 pm

Could very well be Vividion [Bayer AG] is acquiring Imetelstat...Have always felt Dr Rizo was calling the shots on who to hire at Geron. Win Win WIN for patients and shareholders worldwide.....You just don't walk away from a Medical Miracle and those Women aren't....also read Prs about major shakeups at Bayer AG from 11 days ago.....The dots connect....just thinking outloud......

LWS

Post by LWS » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:46 pm

I have always believed that Dr. Rizo with her 2 hats (Vividion [Bayer AG] & Geron) has maintained a very close relationship with JS, with big plans going forward.

We have to remember that JNJ (considering current staff) and AbbVie (TELOMERE) also have vested interests in Imetelstat with deep-pockets. Geron already has 'under-the-radar' partners, with EAP in place, ASH2023 several weeks away, and ODAC reveiws now in focus. It is all working out (IMHO) . It appears that Bayer AG, JNJ and AbbVie will all be parts of Geron's and Imetelstat's future (someway, somehow).
=======================================================================
by jingledsassy---- Could very well be Vividion [Bayer AG] is acquiring Imetelstat...Have always felt Dr Rizo was calling the shots on who to hire at Geron. Win Win WIN for patients and shareholders worldwide.....You just don't walk away from a Medical Miracle ---

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:57 pm

Well, we once thought Dr. Rizo’s migration to Geron might be preparatory to an ultimate acquisition by J and J also. But I think this is all wishful thinking especially since Scarlett continues to talk with multiple investors. Perhaps this whole fantasy pharma universe will be acquired by Enron.

LWS

Post by LWS » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:14 pm

from jingledsassy
-- Have always felt Dr Rizo was calling the shots on who to hire at Geron. Win Win WIN for patients and shareholders worldwide.....You just don't walk away from a Medical Miracle and those Women aren't....also read Prs about major shakeups at Bayer AG from 11 days ago.....The dots connect....just thinking outloud......

from LWS -- Geron already has 'under-the-radar' partners, with EAP in place, ASH2023 several weeks away, and ODAC reveiws now in focus. It is all working out (IMHO) . It appears that Bayer AG, JNJ and AbbVie will all be parts of Geron's and Imetelstat's future (someway, somehow)

from bp
-- Well, we once thought Dr. Rizo’s migration to Geron might be preparatory to an ultimate acquisition by J and J also. But I think this is all wishful thinking especially since Scarlett continues to talk with multiple investors.
=================================================================

JS knows that he has a "Miracle Medicine" with Imetelstat, and that everyone, with an interest in blood cancer treatments and cures, is watching the continuing ODAC review very closely.

The treatment of blood cancers (PRs & CRs) with possible cures is ("bigger than all of us"). In dollars that translates to trillions of dollars saved and lives made whole again. Imetelstat is truly a miracle.

kmall

Post by kmall » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:12 pm

It's officially Gong Show time.......

https://youtu.be/xuJHKVQ2kLA?si=s8fmIVqF_gbEr2zZ

-Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:08 am

LWS, you should just get over it. AML has NEVER been cured with anything other than a bone marrow transplant. And you know what the risks and success rates with BMT are. If you are looking for a miracle here consider Lourdes. And yes Kmall, let’s hope that the previous hires do not represent a migratory species. (Your last post made me laugh.)

LWS

Post by LWS » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:41 pm

LWS, you should just get over it. AML has NEVER been cured with anything other than a bone marrow transplant.--from bp
============================================================================
We don't know how good (or miraculous) Imetelstat is since the advanced clinical trials, in combination with other successful blood cancer treatments (killing cancer cells & synergies), are yet to be formed clinically. Without repeating the discussions about ODAC, we all are waiting to see what they will do, with the 'new-form' that JS talks about.

There is one more fireside chat at the end of November, then ASH2023 (Dec. 9-12). We will see when ODAC 'finds its voice'.