on australian news

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
rccola335

on australian news

Post by rccola335 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:05 am

jingledsassy

Re: on australian news

Post by jingledsassy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:30 pm

maybe we get a late breaking abstract release Nov 21 on this at ASH....Hope so.....

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:45 pm

i was thinking the same thing - i believe Oct 25 was the deadline for submission - I would like to know the response from the lady in the news report, she sure seems happy with imetelstat

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:33 pm

RC and Jingle, in all the years I have been following Geron, there has never been a late breaker. The ongoing P II high risk MDS/AML study is not yet full enrolled. It would be extraordinary for Geron to break protocol and release data before completion of the study but I suppose if the results justified, Geron would take the heat and make the early results known. I kind of doubt it though, they have played everything by the book so far. Maybe questions at the upcoming presentations could pry some hints out of the Sphinx.

rccola335

Post by rccola335 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Dr Lane will be in San Diego for the meeting - it is also unusual they spoke how the results are encouraging and to show a specific patient who has undergone treatment

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:13 pm

Notice this is not Geron PR involved in this press, articles and news clips, in Australia.

Dr. Lane and Dr. Claudia B are independently interacting with journalists, who find their discoveries news worthy. That is their right as industry experts, but it is clear Geron is not involved in this ‘publicity’ nor does it foretell a late breaking abstract.
In other words, it ain’t happening.

Also, Dr Lane is a world renowned expert on the heme field and I’m sure attends ASH every year. Aussies love to travel and I’m sure he does so as much as possible, or attends virtually. So again, no tea leaves to read there.

On a side note, I do feel like the AML is the ‘Moby Dock’ to Dr Scarlett’s Ahab ;)