$382 Million

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

$382 Million

Post by Ryan » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Current cash on balance sheet is a lot higher than the guesses / estimates made on this board in the past weeks. Exercise of warrants has bolstered.

kmall

Re: $382 Million

Post by kmall » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:01 pm

Ryan - guilty as charged. I believe I was one of those making "guesses/estimates" way off from Geron's current cash on their balance sheet a few weeks ago.

I am curious, however, since they had approximately $400M this past January, and they're burning through approximately $50M/Q - how do they currently have $382M? - is it all warrants exercised?

They also have another $50M in debt looming overhead (remember they were able to pay off $25M of the original $75M tranche loan through that last offering, right after P3 TLR) and they are also planning on adding 23 employees by EOY 2023. Increases across the board for Operating Expenses - R&D, are also up an additional 10-30+% from this time last year, which most likely all translates to an increase in quarterly cash burn for 2024-2025.

Small ray of financial sunshine in their increase of interest income due to higher interest rates. -Kmall

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:36 pm

Well you were incorrect about the current funds, however, have been pretty right about the clear disdain for individual shareholders by management.

Once again, they drop a stink bomb on what otherwise would have been catalyst-creating amazing news. The agreement for $100M at the market authorized share sales is perfectly timed to ensure that rally didn’t take place.

I still expect to be profitable from the investment, but clearly despite the efforts of management to get us little guys out.

kmall

Post by kmall » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:44 am

To your point, it seems painfully obvious that upper management, in particular the CEO, prefers a low SP. Adding employees through the incentive of option grants, and attracting institutional investors, as well as stockpiling for yourself and other executives are all benefited by a low SP. -Kmall

LWS

Post by LWS » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:08 pm

Controlling Geron's PPS

kmall -- Some ' market-force' has the ability to control Geron's PPS. At the moment, there seems to be an effort to keep the price under $2. With the assumption that there is no fraud, and considering what appears to be overwhelming good news about Imetelstat (trials, KOLs, conferences, publications, etc.) as a breakthrough blood cancer medicine, I don't see why this is being done. The CEO ("Imetelstat is bigger than all of us") has said that he has the investors interests in mind, balanced with the EAP (now functioning) and NDA (pending) approval. He also suggested that the data is so good, that (perhaps) the ODAC (FDA Oncology Drug Advisory Committee) may recommend no hearings and immediate approval.

ASH2023 is looking very positive for Imetelstat. I don't believe anything will happen with the ODAC until after ASH. Based upon all the good news, the PPS should be much higher before ASH, especially with Goldman Sachs and others recommending the stock, patients' needs now, and no important medical negatives.

We really don't know who is controlling the PPS, how or why.

=============================
Addition (my thought) ---- Geron will rise from the ashes (ASH2023) and be compared to the phoenix ( an immortal bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again).

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:53 pm

Share price is controlled by buyers and sellers. There is no entity or entities “controlling” the stock price behind the proverbial curtain. Take notice that the management times every, single private share offering or intent to offer… with good news.
No need to respond LWS. Please don’t.

Gwikley

Post by Gwikley » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:20 pm

I assumed that the hedge funds that bought the bulk of the last two offering were not just going to sit on those shares. It's not what they do.
They "work" them. And, IMO...the are controlling the share price. Not to accumulate more shares, rather to make money from the slow
and consistent selling into the current price and then buying back for the 2,3 or 4%. Not huge amounts. A million shares a week, done in 100, 500 1000 lots. Over the course of a month that adds up to a substancial amount. Make a deal with the devil and see the result. I will stand corrected if others here disagree. Gwik.

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:02 am

That's a *potentially* plausible probability.

New hires that are given major "inducement grants" aren't speculating their stock awards, they're mostly trying to figure out the earliest exit without appearing greedy.