New article hit tip to several on YMB

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

New article hit tip to several on YMB

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:02 am

Hoosier Investor

Re: New article hit tip to several on YMB

Post by Hoosier Investor » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:17 am

That’s an excellent article….very thorough, informative, and compelling argument for Imetelstat as a treatment for AML. Nice to see Steven Lane (again) as one of the authors.

FYI…..I copied & pasted the entirety of the article into ChatGPT and asked for a non-technical summary. It came back with the following response: “That shit works!” 😀

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:34 am

Gotta love that!

kmall

Post by kmall » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:24 pm

HI - absolutely hilarious!!!

My wife has turned into a little ChatGP legal powerhouse.....I think it's a notch higher than a jailhouse lawyer.

Great article Bp!! Love me some ferroptosis - for sure!..... funny you remember that.

Only had a chance to skim this over - it is deep. But what strikes me right off the bat is the survival rate of AML patients. Less than 50% if you're under 60, which is not good.....but over 60 is only 10%.
Basically a death sentence.

Once again, from what I managed to digest in a very quick look over is that addressing the disease in its earliest stages with Imetelstat produces preferred results in the control of the disease and survival rate. Hopefully with proven data it gets the nod for Frontline in AML.

On the topic of ferroptosis:

"In conclusion, imetelstat is a potent inducer of ferroptosis that effectively diminishes AML burden and delays relapse following oxidative stress-inducing chemotherapy.

Clinical trials will address the efficacy of imetelstat in AML and may focus on this compound as a consolidation strategy for preventing relapse or potentially together with targeted therapies to improve outcomes in patients with AML."

Great article while we continue/endure the never ending wait and all that comes with it. In this case good. -Kmall