Wither Lancet?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Wither Lancet?

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:59 pm

We know the article presenting the PIII MDS data should be published in the widely read, highly regarded medical journal, Lancet should be out any week now. Also waiting on ASH abstracts (Nov 2), update on oral telomerase inhibitor and enrollment status of ongoing studies. MF trial enrollment still not at 50%. At this rate the 35% mortality required for “first look” at data may be achieved before the 50% enrollment is reached. (!!) It is still unclear to me as to how “crossover” patients from control to study arms will be handled statistically. Any thoughts?

jingledsassy

Re: Wither Lancet?

Post by jingledsassy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:10 pm

Hmmm somebody has made 2 large over 4000 calls 1 week apart of the Jan 2025 calls now for a total over 9000....Insider info ?? or expensive hunch.....I still remember the 5000 puts a couple of weeks before the FDA hold...just thinking out loud...

lacour_98

Re: Wither Lancet?

Post by lacour_98 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:01 am

BP, as the enrollment has dragged on, I've maintained Geron had no intention of completing enrollment. Maybe you are spot on, with the enrollment they have, they are expecting a death rate that will enable a first look. I too have wondered how they would handle cross-over patients. That patient population alone and results could be explosive.