What’s next?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

What’s next?

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:30 pm

Short term we can anticipate major publication in Lancet. Then it’s only less than a month for the release of the ASH abstracts (Nov 2nd). Maybe more on status of ongoing studies and lymphoma and oral agent development updates. Best Wishes to all. bp

Hoosier Investor

Re: What’s next?

Post by Hoosier Investor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:19 pm

I’m hoping for ASH posters involving IMproveMF (IMET + Ruxo) and additional pre-clinical data to support launching a P1 clinical trial for a Lymphoma indication in 2024.

Further, Anil stated a while back they would announce their ex-US plans and/or partners in 2H23. I thought they would announce their strategy in conjunction with filing the submission, but they didn’t do so.
Last edited by Hoosier Investor on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:21 pm

We should also anticipate Michelle Robertson finding a creative way to fund imetelstat's ongoing CTs and troublesome cash burn before the option of further dilution is settled upon by the BOD.

I wonder how Mr. Koval is earning his keep these days, because a vegetable that hasn't bared fruit since it was planted in late 2021 is merely a weed, and there's already too many damned weeds growing around corporate Geron that might need to be pulled out from the root.

John F. McDonald isn't exempt from the unsightly weeds, either.

kmall

Post by kmall » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:24 am

KT - McDonald is on the BOD, not an employee, so he isn't sucking as much off the company coffers as a few others whose positions seem questionable at best. When Dr. Scarlett said they wouldn't be "pinching pennies" to bring Imetelstat to market, he certainly wasn't kidding around. Glad to see Bloom and Rosenfeld ride off into the sunset, but watching the performance of this stock has been an absolute atrocity. Not sure blame can necessarily be cast in any direction here, but the FDA has proven to be more foe then friend. With that said, it is bothersome that the UK has basically been glazed over like an afterthought almost as soon as the PR regarding the ILAP Passport was announced. A good deal of company resources were funneled in that direction, and like everything else with Geron, investors haven't a clue as to where it stands two years later. There's absolutely zero accountability from management regarding Geron. Same goes for the "ex-US Partnership"....how many times can one dangle that rotten carrot out in front of us?
Personally, I've pretty much given up on this company and have turned my energy into more positive outlets these days. Good luck to all stuck in the mud here. -Kmall

Zhears

Post by Zhears » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:50 am

Kmall, have you seen any evidence that the company has used a good deal of resources in the UK?

When we got the address of the office published, it was the address of an accountant firm on the outskirts of Manchester. The only thing we can read into that is that they have registered a company here, which you can do for under £20. I hope they have done alot more of course.

kmall

Post by kmall » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:12 am

Zhears -They have had at least 4-5 full-time employees in the UK for the last 3-4yrs. McBain has been there over 4.....and last I checked it was up to about 6 full time employees. Considering each probably makes at minimum $150k/yr + benefits, which are quite healthy.....not to mention being granted options as incentive for employment, it's most likely several million $$. Now granted, the Regulatory team assembled there is working on EU Regulatory simultaneously, so it's not like they're doing nothing all day, but I highly doubt, seeing how this company operates that they simply paid $20 to an accountant firm to use their office space as an address. So to answer your question - NO - I'm not a Geron employee or insider. But I am a shareholder, and the point is that this company has a fiduciary duty to be responsible with company finances which benefit and promote growth for not only employees, but SHAREHOLDERS as well. Just tired of the constant rhetoric in company statements and CC's. I don't even bother listening anymore. The cash burn is like a wildfire out of control, as the stock seeks lower lows on a weekly basis. 2023 has been a disaster for anyone long here. I've averaged my way down as far as I care too, and I'm still underwater. Meanwhile, correct me if I'm wrong, because quite frankly it makes me sick to even bother researching anymore, but Dr. Scarlett and several other "Executives" were granted up to 500,000 additional shares for filing a EU MA application last week. Isn't that your job in the first place that you get $25k a week to do? These people seem to get bonuses for breathing. Enough is enough already. Way back in 2019, I actually believed the game plan laid out which would be beneficial as an INVESTOR in Geron. It seems to me that the only ones truly benefitting here are the upper echelon of this company. I'll get off my soapbox for now and go back to a much happier place. -Kmall

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:06 pm

Rotten carrot. HA! That’s as good any an analogy I suppose. Well rotting vegetation does make for top line mulch, so I guess it’s still not beyond reason to say a partner will emerge, all puns intended.

Still optimistic despite all else. That optimism is based on (hyper) focus on the data, about 10 years worth now…

Just goes back to the fact as to how difficult it is (time, money, resources) for an independent concern to get all the way from preclinical aha moment to and thru approval. $1Billion price tag, at the low end estimate.
We’re still about 8 months to find out if Geron actually pulled it off. Despite all else, that’s all that matters at this point.

I do find it hard to fathom that with all the awareness pushes Geron is making now (eg online videos with Drs they are spon$oring), that they don’t try to have mature data from Ph III MDS to be ‘queen for a day’ at ASH… but my expectations for that have been, probably rightfully, dampened.

TLDR -
Well, until then.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:14 am

Kmall, can’t say as I blame you. I have had many black cloud days with this company. All I am say is I think you will be back.

Ryan, if we don’t get plenary recognition this Dec we never will.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:56 am

Kmall also to your point, there was a time when shareholders could physically go to a meeting and ask questions and follow ups. Now with the current format of submitting only written questions that may or may not be addressed does smack of control and disregard for shareholders. It’s a little like having a democratic vote for Stalin, yes or no. I think the last shareholders meeting allotted maybe 15 minutes for addressing questions most of which were mine. No confrontation or controversy allowed. It might have been Bridge who was actually at the last open shareholders meeting can’t remember for sure. Which ever poster it was actually found Dr S quite receptive and the contents of that conversation were posted on this board but it was several years ago. Now COVID precautions used as a shield. Even if future meeting are held on Zoom the board should allow some real-time access for info interchange.

kmall

Post by kmall » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:49 am

Bp - I do believe you are correct that Bridge was there and I actually greatly appreciated his assessment of his interaction with Dr. Scarlett during that shareholder meeting. With that said, I realize that this isn't the platform for management bashing, and I've been guilty as charged as such off and on since last years pre-ASH Conference of maybe being a little too rough in that regard. I'll try taking the high road here, but as an investor, this company has been a bitter disappointment for me. As Ryan pointed out, it's the data we should be focusing on, but it really smacks one in the face when you see the way that the management of this company ingratiates themselves time and time again, while goals are constantly pushed further and further off into the horizon. There's zero accountability here and I seriously can't relate to how this CEO operates by generously compensating himself while shareholders get the constant short end of the stick. Doesn't fly in my world. We were led to believe that Imetelstat would be commercialized by about this time in last years Q3 November CC.....I'd have to go back to verify specifics, but I want to say that they estimated Q4 2023/Q1 2024. They also said that they had the financing to last until the end of 2024, then less than 2 months later we get hit with another offering.....for the sake of this board and my own sanity, I'll stop myself there. -Kmall