Rosenfeld out.....Samuels in....

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Rosenfeld out.....Samuels in....

Post by kmall » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:21 pm

Those of you here reading Imetelchat these past four+ years probably know my stance on Stephen Rosenfield, Chief Legal Officer at Geron, who announced his "retirement" today, and the tarnish l believe he placed and how it reflected negatively as he continued being employed at Geron after a questionable stock sale (Aug 2018), just prior to the JNJ/Geron "discontinuation" decision (9/27/2018). It's my opinion, and simply MY OPINION, that perhaps it was necessary for him to leave at this stage for a beneficial negotiation in a partnership or BO. Again, simply my opinion. No basis or fact for any of it on my part. But I know many of my fellow investors have felt very uncomfortable at that entire situation and have been looking for a resolution all of these years as well.

Now you have to ask yourself, at this point in the game, why would an Executive leave otherwise? I'll leave it at that. He could have bigger problems on the horizon. Regardless, wishing him the best in retirement and thanking him for his contributions at Geron. It is however, extremely coincidental that Scott Samuels, formerly of BeiGene steps in at this time after they just announced the acquisition of Reata Pharmaceuticals last week for $7.3B. Remember that Dawn Bir, who sits on Geron's BOD is Reata's CCO, where she leads marketing, market access, sales, and commercial operations. Also Gillian Fong of Geron comes by way of BeiGene.

It's sure busy over there at camp Geron at the moment. And great news that things have cleaned up a little now that we're getting into the home stretch. Wishing everyone out there a wonderful summer! -Kmall

https://ir.geron.com/investors/press-re ... fault.aspx

https://www.geron.com/leadership/scott-a-samuels-esq/

mistergern

Re: Rosenfeld out.....Samuels in....

Post by mistergern » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:44 am

Samuels certainly seems to be a step up, An early deal is a distinct possibility,

Gwikley

Re: Rosenfeld out.....Samuels in....

Post by Gwikley » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:37 am

Not going to sugar coat it. IMO, no proof, just my opinion...a sleazy inside trader
(OK to delete this if it breeches the reg's here).