Partnership

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
realize

Partnership

Post by realize » Mon May 29, 2023 9:18 pm

Hello Everyone !
Last year geron mgmt was talking about non-US partnership strategey by eoy-2022 and I don't see any news on that front.
It's about time to get that partnership either from Japan or Europe. That will help a lot with the dilution situation.

kmall

Re: Partnership

Post by kmall » Tue May 30, 2023 3:22 am

Post JNJ collaboration/discontinuation, the first I recall Geron suggesting an Ex-US Partnership, was the 7/18/2019 PR announcing the hiring of Lynn Bodarky - VP Business Development. It was in one more PR in their "Forward Looking Statements" shortly after this mention:

"....Ms. Bodarky will support Geron’s longer-term corporate objectives of partnering the ex-U.S. commercialization rights for imetelstat,...."

https://ir.geron.com/investors/press-re ... fault.aspx

Subsequently, there have been multiple teases of this "partnership" in various CC slide decks and SEC filings, however, since the 7/2019 PR, Ms. Bodarky has moved on from Geron, and this ever illusive "partnership" remains illusive. -Kmall

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue May 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Kmall and realize, well you have one day to get that question put to the board. Dr. Scarlett switched lanes countless times regarding partnerships over the years. My read (my opinion only) is that as the data continues to strengthen and with money in the bank amounting to several hundred million, he doesn’t need one.

realize

Post by realize » Tue May 30, 2023 3:34 pm

Thanks Kmall & BP. I still feel getting non-US partnerships will strengthen the investment community and help with the dilution as more indications comes through the trials. Hope the sp pushes forward soon.

LWS

Post by LWS » Wed May 31, 2023 12:55 am

From bp--- My read (my opinion only) is that as the data continues to strengthen and with money in the bank amounting to several hundred million, he doesn’t need one.

From realize ---Thanks Kmall & BP. I still feel getting non-US partnerships will strengthen the investment community and help with the dilution as more indications comes through the trials. Hope the sp pushes forward soon.
=======================================================
Both of you are likely correct. Geron is destined to grow, but partners and collaborators of various sorts will be desirable and necessary. In the USA there is JNJ and AbbVie. In Europe there is Novo Nordisk, Novartis and Bayer AG -- all with deep pockets.

Perhaps John Scarlett (so controversial) knows exactly what he is talking about and what he is doing. We will know by June 14 (Key Opinion Leader's present). Then there is the timeline for the fast-tracked, modular, rolling NDA.

Geron and Imetelstat may get the 'best of all worlds'.

Zhears

Post by Zhears » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:32 am

A question for those who have followed bio tech and have vastly more experience in sales.

If Geron decides to go it alone, when should they start fleshing out an EU sales force?
These things take time and a great deal of money. Would a year be enough time to do this? if so they still have time to start.

This question does relate to partnership, The quickest way to market would be through an existing sales force, via a partner, but from my limited experience companies can try to go it alone, then contract in a sales force if that fails, all of which takes time to play out.

Should we already be seeing hires and more EU staff or are they still holding out for a partner?

bucbeard

Post by bucbeard » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:21 pm

As we approach EHA conference in the coming days, I would think this presents the perfect opportunity for Geron to announce a US regulatory submission for Imetelstat and an exUS partnership, all as a result of the beautiful and meaningful data being presented.

This ship feels like it's full steam ahead at this point, continuing towards our final destination of Turtle Island...that's still a bit off in the distance on the Skipper's map but we are now clearly traveling with speed, purpose and direction.

Enjoy the days ahead, everyone.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:15 pm

Bucbeard, those of us that can still walk will have to fly but kmall can sail there.