AML trial update

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

AML trial update

Post by biopearl123 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:35 pm

Note primary results in Jan 2024. That’s in 8 months.

rccola335

Re: AML trial update

Post by rccola335 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:51 pm

Exciting times on the horizon

KTArsenal

Post by KTArsenal » Wed May 17, 2023 12:58 am

Big money already knows, in my humble opinion, that imetelstat has the data to prove it's better than BAT, and it's not even close. Incyte is probably real twitchy right now. Will they push the buy button? It's interesting that their livelihood might be taken to the ropes, soon. Sooner than they're comfortable with, I'm sure.

LWS

Post by LWS » Wed May 17, 2023 8:57 pm

There is considerable preclinical evidence that TELOMERE will succeed ( combining Imetelstat with Venetoclax clinically for AML). I suspect both Geron and AbbVie know this to be true, as they await for Imetelstat's NDA to be approved (Venetolax is already approved). Off label opportunities will then be possible.

=====================================================================================
For Reference
***Results (preclinical): A dose-dependent synergistic activity in inducing apoptosis was observed in multiple AML cell lines when combining imetelstat with venetoclax. In the MOLM-13 cell line, single-agent imetelstat and venetoclax had modest apoptotic activity after 48 hours (22% and 30% respectively), but the combination achieved 88% at 48 hours and nearly 100% at 96 hours. ***

This potential combination cure is made more likely by the recent AML evidence that Imetelstat kills cancer-stem-cells

FC4364

Post by FC4364 » Thu May 18, 2023 5:13 pm

High Risk MDS and AML were recently discussed by the good DR, and we know that as of right now the NDA appears to be on track. Indications at this point appear to show they are more than willing to go it alone. So, one wonders where this can go and where will it be in 2, 3 or 5 years. No high projections and lofty financial expectations just plain common sense, with Imetelstat on the physician's shelf, the real winners will be the patients as now a new silver bullet is in the arsenal to be used against the Big C (cancer). Exciting times, and yes after being invested for 13 years, I am excited. Sorry BP, just musings here, no facts, no links, no to da moon stuff just musings from an aged GERN investor.

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Fri May 19, 2023 12:06 am

Hmmm can I give a Land Ho!!! from all the real long believers in Imetelstat.....Bp and Kmall are the Leaders of the Pack.....seems we are getting some Traction...ASCO and EHA Hemo conf will be front page news...Bone Marrow Modification is a MEDICAL MIRACLE and Imetelstat owns it....June Abstracts will verify it.....