Baker Brothers take a 3Million+ share bite........

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Baker Brothers take a 3Million+ share bite........

Post by kmall » Tue May 16, 2023 3:03 am

https://fintel.io/so/us/gern

Unless you've been living under a rock the past 5+yrs, this is fairly significant. -Kmall

Hoosier Investor

Re: Baker Brothers take a 3Million+ share bite........

Post by Hoosier Investor » Tue May 16, 2023 4:34 am

Kmall,

Awesome find (and news)!!! I've been waiting to read of such a development for several years now.

FYI....Another fund name (Point72) caught my eye when I was scanning through the list. I recognized the fund name, but I couldn't place it.
Drumroll....

Steve Cohen's fund appears to have also purchased ~3M shares of Geron.
https://point72.com/leadership/

kmall

Post by kmall » Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 am

Hoosier - can't exactly take credit for the find, I believe John on the YMB dug this one up. And as you pointed out, Steve Cohen is suddenly in the room as well. These guys usually don't lose. I have to say, feeling somewhat vindicated that we made it to the show before the VIP's this time.....get ready to pop some corn..... curtains about to rise. -Kmall

Hoosier Investor

Post by Hoosier Investor » Tue May 16, 2023 5:09 am

For years, we heard about how the "smart money" would wait to better understand the clinical trial results, competitive landscape, and commercial opportunity before making their investment decisions. We may now be witnessing the initial investments of some "smart money" players.

FYI....I love how Baker Brothers played their investment in INCY. They bought in, stayed in, took a seat on BOD (Julian Baker), and their presence has likely contributed to the high percentage of institutional ownership of INCY.....which has led to a relatively stable share price.

I don't have any further insights into Point72, but I agree with your assessment of their track record. Their introduction to Geron may have come via Goldman Sachs.

Hell, who knows.....we may soon have Jacosa posting here with us. :)

jingledsassy

Post by jingledsassy » Tue May 16, 2023 1:28 pm

Hmmm Bp still remember the contempt to your invite to Jacosa to join this board from him....funny how things said can come back and bite you......

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:36 pm

Jingle, I remember it well. Perhaps he will have some second thoughts.