Geron subcontracting Infoclin Consultancy in India

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Geron subcontracting Infoclin Consultancy in India

Post by kmall » Mon May 01, 2023 12:32 pm

Since at least March of 2022, Geron has been subcontracting Infoclin Consultancy through Parexel in India to aid in the enrollment and clinical research of the P3 IMpact MF Clinical Trial. Infoclin Consultancy is utilized by many Big Pharma in India, including: Novartis, Pfizer and AstraZeneca. -Kmall

https://infoclinconsultancy.in/

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... 4#contacts

biopearl123

Re: Geron subcontracting Infoclin Consultancy in India

Post by biopearl123 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:42 pm

Kmall, about India:

India has a population that is a little less than 5 times that of the US, that’s right
This means the concentration of diseases is a multiple of those found in the US (not correcting for the potential differences in life expectancy). It also means that if genius’s are a predictable small subset of the population, then India has 5 times as many as we do.
When I was working with Project Pacer International, we made several trips to India and were hosted by Indian families and physicians.
My experiences were incredible. Indian hospitality is unparalleled. The consideration, kindness, insight and intelligence of our hosts as well as the staff and students we encountered was of the highest caliber. Not to mention the skill of the physicians we were privileged to work with. But the reason I am relating this is that while there, you could name any disease and our hosts would take us to an entire ward that was devoted to its treatment. A full ward. If I said “mitral stenosis” there was a ward full of such patients. If I asked about Tetralogy of Fallot there was a ward of patients to study. And if today one were to say “myelofibrosis”… well you get the picture. I think there are 11 or so hospitals on the current enrolling list located in India.
No doubt they will be contributing a substantial number of patients to this study. Regards to all, bp

Gwikley

Post by Gwikley » Mon May 01, 2023 6:19 pm

Thank you sir.
Your information resources never cease to amaze.

kmall

Post by kmall » Tue May 02, 2023 1:19 pm

Gwikley - I'm not quite sure who you are referring to in this thread, but since the only posters here include Bp and myself, I've got a 50% chance of it being me.....I like those odds.....if this is the case, you're quite welcome. At times I come across things in the context of looking up something else, and Infoclin Consultancy in India being subcontracted by Geron is a case in point. However, I was on the fence about even mentioning it here. I wasn't quite sure if anyone besides myself would find any interest, and we've already seen Geron use several outside agencies globally to help fill enrollment goals, amongst other additional clinical support in the P3 IMpact MF Clinical Trial.

With that said, Bp and Gwikley - as well as anyone else interested in this, India as we know has the worlds second largest population, soon to be the first, as it is set to overtake China in the very near future, if it hasn't already. The last I checked it was just under 1.3 billion. China was just over that. As Bp pointed out, India is rife for expansion for any entity/company entering the healthcare market in this country. India's middle class will soon be larger than the entire population of the entire US, with well over 360 million, and India's upper class is growing by leaps and bounds, albeit on a much smaller scale for now. Within the next decade or so, I found estimates of that population ballooning to over twice that amount, or roughly 50% or so of India's population fitting under the "middle class" category.

I tried doing a small amount of research to provide a link or two, but I found most estimates of what constitutes "middle class" in India to be in rupees, and a little inconsistent. I just don't have the time to deep dive this at the moment, and at the end of the day it appears that the "middle class" annual average income in rupees to US dollars is in the mid $50,000 range. So let's say that the US average "middle class" is double, or slightly higher at about $100,000..... again, haven't had a chance to research this to the point of providing concrete links here. This will be the rare occasion of a Kmall link free post. Some here reading this may rejoice in that.

What does all of this mean for Geron and Imetelstat? ......well.....in my view quite a lot.

Back in mid 2019, I undertook a worldwide tour with Operation Kmall, where I bombarded 106 countries around the globe, with multiple translations - 58 languages - an introduction of Imetelstat and Geron to patient support groups, hospitals, universities, MDS Organizations and any other outlet I could find where I thought it applicable, to help patients in learning about Imetelstat and possibly partaking in the then upcoming P3 IMerge MDS Clinical Trial.

http://imetelchat.imetelstat.eu/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=861

Ok......I lied about the link, but that was an easy one.

India (78) was on the list, and what surprised me, was how many hospitals and clinics there were dedicated to cancer, and that many were very modern, up to date facilities, if you will, offering cutting edge treatment with top tier physicians. It wasn't exactly what I had expected in many cases. With that said, it still may not be what we expect here in the US, but in a few instances it was close to equal and if I'm a betting man - which you need to be, being a GERN shareholder, I'd say it will only get better as India's GNP escalates.

So what's interesting about the P3 IMpact MF Clinical Trial is that we haven't heard much from it at this time on multiple levels. At least what we as investors were hoping to at this point. However, this past September, a poster who goes by the name of "Wall St." over on the YMB, posted a finding on that forum that he/she had uncovered on an MF Facebook support group page from India:

http://imetelchat.imetelstat.eu/viewtop ... f=1&t=1378

I found this post exhilarating as a former patient "caregiver." Hopefully it's the real deal. It certainly appears to be for all intents and purposes, and for whatever it's worth, the Nirmal Hospital - Hematology - in Surat, Gujarat, India was one of the hospitals contacted during Operation Kmall, as was one other which made the list of Clinical Trial locations for the P3 IMpact MF Clinical Trial. Even though Operation Kmall targeted the upcoming P3 IMerge MDS Clinical Trial;....I don't even think P3 IMpact had concrete clinical design at that point, Dr. Rizo had just joined Geron four months prior to Operation Kmall's initiation, and the vast majority of today's employee roster was out working for various other Big Pharma during this time; it was quite satisfying to see the Nirmal Hospital as part of the IMpact CT along with this Facebook post many years later.

Personally, I was very excited to see India as a frontier for Imetelstat and Geron expansion in the future and more importantly, for patients there who most likely struggle a little bit harder in every day circumstances other then just their disease, then those in more "developed" nations. With the approval of Imetelstat, India could become one of Imetelstat's most IMpactful marketplaces, and inturn help patients there like everywhere else globally with current limited options. -Kmall