So I was thinking…

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

So I was thinking…

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:52 pm

So I was thinking what questions might we submit for this years meeting? Then I thought let’s see how things went last year as some of the same questions might still be relevant. And so they are (see previous posts). I would add:

1. Why does Geron mislead shareholders with timelines for studies that are never met. For example the timing of the AML study literally dates back 5 years when first discussed. The current single agent study in not enrolling contrary to the presented timeline, not to mention the combination AML study.

2. PALEESE explain the request for shareholders to authorize a doubling of the number of current shares.

Board members please add to this list.

The forgoing posts notwithstanding, please know that many readers of this board especially speaking for myself, do understand the tremendous achievements at Geron, including outstanding unprecedented results in the treatment of MDS and MF. Mirabile dictu and kudos. Please know that along with our gratitude our quest for information always seems hard fought. Change places, if you will with us and understand how much faith and patience it has taken on our part to continue to support Geron on this journey. Sincerest wishes for continued achievement of as yet unreached medical milestones as well as for an informative and transparent shareholder meeting. Sincerely, Dr.

LWS

Re: So I was thinking…

Post by LWS » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:00 am

The forgoing posts notwithstanding, please know that many readers of this board especially speaking for myself, do understand the tremendous achievements at Geron, including outstanding unprecedented results in the treatment of MDS and MF.---from bp
=====================================================================================================
It seems to me that the most important subject now, from investors point of view, is the status of the modular NDA and some estimated timeline for acceptance and a fast-track approval. Imetelstat, as you state, is a "tremendous achievement", with "unprecedented results in the treatment of MDS and MF." The medicine has proven itself in extensive, successful trials, as far as I can tell. Patients' needs must be met. In addition, ongoing combination trials look very promising, especially with JNJ, AbbVie and Incyte.

Gwikley

Post by Gwikley » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:11 am

Geron has evolved a "personality".
One that, from some of the the long time small investor's view points, has taken on
an adversarial stance*...defensive, elitist, opaque and .....even, selfish...and self centered.
Not saying I agree with it all, but the commonly known frustrating aspect of it is that there
literally is no recourse. "We" have to take what we are given. Which most of the time falls short of
any serious resolution to the MAJOR questions held by many.
I appreciate the discussion here, but truthfully, see no change in the wind.
It works for management. Why change.
Cheers,
Gwik.
*Reminds me of a college prof I had that flunked me. lol

LWS

Post by LWS » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:59 pm

We all agree that Imetelstat is both a scientific and medical proven medicine. The problem for most of us is that we do not know what John Scarlett is thinking. It is possible to have partners and also retain control of Geron. That may be what he is thinking. Also, the NDA is in focus and critically important.
===============================================================================================
For better or worse, John Scarlett is in charge (Plan A (partners), Plan B (buyout), Plan C (go it alone)). Hopefully, the NDA will soon be accepted and approved, and JS will be revered for his wisdom.