Is Geron up to its old tricks again?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

Is Geron up to its old tricks again?

Post by biopearl123 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:11 pm

Time for some grades:

IMerge TLR quality and adherence to timeline (exclusive of COVID related delays in enrollment): A+, await publication in major medical journal, grade pending

Geron Investor relations: None of my emails worthy of response. F (email contact address provided by Aron for use in her absence bounced) Also F

Enrollment in PIII MF study: D- apparently we have not reached 50% enrollment

Start of single agent AML study in 2022 - guided with inaccurate information. Delay presumably into early 2023 D

Delay of Combination AML study-inaccurate guidance D, compounded by delay in single agent study F

FDA approval (we think) of South Korean manufacturing site A+

New recent finance raise C, no explanation by company provided.

New Staff additions-grade pending

New web site B+

So is this a reflection of all hands on deck for NDA submission or is Geron up to its old tricks?

LWS

Re: Is Geron up to its old tricks again?

Post by LWS » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:03 pm

I think you mean by "old tricks" a comparison with Peanuts (Lucy & the football). I believe, the football eventually got kicked, but I am not sure Lucy was the holder.

We are all working under the assumption that there is no misinformation about Imetelstat in the trials, including (primarily) safety and effectiveness. I believe that single-agent approvals are close, with fast-track and orphan status in place, and priority reviews possible. Then we can talk more about off-label possibilities and combination synergies.

LWS

Post by LWS » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:19 am

Many Marvel fans may not know this, but the legendary Amazing Spider-Man artist—John Romita Sr.—also sketched out a newspaper comic strip for the Web-Slinger from 1977 to 1981. At one point, comic collector and fan Mike Burkey requested a commission in which Spidey meets Charlie Brown and helps him finally kick the football. Schulz's name is also on the top of the page, suggesting he wrote or helped the creation of the comic in some way, though the art is unquestionably in the style of John Romita. This comic is the only time Schulz's name appears on a strip that presents Charlie Brown kicking the football.
Who is Spidey in the Geron saga that finally gets Imetelstat kicked for a goal? Is it JNJ, AbbVie, Bayer or somebody else?

kmall

Post by kmall » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:52 am

Bp- looks like your overall assessment is spot on.
Still not quite sure why momentum was squashed on 1/4/2023 with the public offering announcement, other than it giving Deep Tracks a prime entry point and perhaps a few other Big Players a handle on playing the short game that day. It certainly didn't seem to favor any of us small fry retailers. As of now, still no response from IR on my end as well. Even more worrisome perhaps is a now two month delay of the hyped IMpress AML Clinical Trial, which in turn subsequently delays the TELOMERE Clinical Trial with no explanation as to why from the company. Sure feels like we're back to the same old same old to me. -Kmall

Gwikley

Post by Gwikley » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:07 pm

IMO Geron breeds black swans. lol