Dr. Aleksandra Rizo now CEO of Vividion Therapeutics

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
kmall

Dr. Aleksandra Rizo now CEO of Vividion Therapeutics

Post by kmall » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:48 pm

As of Tuesday January 24, 2023, Dr. Aleksandra Rizo is now officially the CEO of Vividion Therapeutics !!!

Wow !!! ..... Congratulations Dr. Rizo !!!

"I am honored and thrilled to be appointed as the President and Chief Executive Officer of #Vividion Therapeutics!
I look forward to working with the vivid and passionate #teamvividion and Jeff Hatfield and the rest of the Board, as we continue to excel in our discovery efforts and transition into a clinical-stage company.
I cannot imagine a more exciting time to lead Vividion as
#teamvividion and #teambayer work together on the mission to help patients!" -Dr. Aleksandra Rizo

https://vividion.com/publication/aleksa ... erapeutics

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aleksandra- ... va-62553b2

Job well done! -Kmall

Hoosier Investor

Re: Dr. Aleksandra Rizo now CEO of Vividion Therapeutics

Post by Hoosier Investor » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:21 pm

Previously, I thought Dr. Rizo was in line to succeed Dr. Scarlett (as Geron CEO) upon his retirement. Those thoughts went out the window upon her departure. However, it may still be a realistic possibility.

If Bayer were to acquire Geron, they could put Dr. Rizo in charge of a new Business Unit containing both Geron and Vividion while also picking up a good team.....including 23 former Janssen/JNJ employees. A very plausible "bolt-on" acquisition. Bayer would just need to come up with enough $$$ to convince Geron to abandon their self-commercialization plans.
Last edited by Hoosier Investor on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:12 pm

Hoosier - Between Dr. Rizo becoming CEO and yesterday's FiercePharma article focusing on Vividion Therapeutics being a major factor in their quest to reach $10B in annual revenue stream by 2030 through Bayer's Oncology portfolio, things are going full steam ahead at Vividion. She now heads over 200 employees, a company almost double the size of Geron employee wise. An interesting turn of events. I guess we just have to wait and see how this plays itself out. -Kmall

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:10 pm

Staff twice the size as Geron, interesting factoid for sure. That’s incredible for Dr. Rizo.

And she’s still a young woman. She’s crushing it.

Give her Geron staff also and Dr Scarlett can sail into the sunset, but not before getting a plush advisor role w Rizo. Touché.

Anyways what is Bayer’s dividend? I’m hoping for independent Commercialization personally, but, I’m not mad at a buyout, and I just want it to be shares and shares of a co paying a dividend, sheltering profits + a dividend to boot would be nice indeed.

But i digress… about that NDA? looking forward to Dr Feller’s comments on next Q call which is within a month or so… “not much” - that was rich, all puns intended.

Hoosier Investor

Post by Hoosier Investor » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:51 pm

For the record, I'm in favor of the self-commercialization path as well....with an ex-US partner. Basically, I hope we follow the Incyte (Ruxolitinib) commercialization approach. This path will require more time, patience, and risk. However, the long-term market capitalization potential is likely 2X-3X more than we could realize in a short-term buyout. Stated differently, I think we could realize a 20B market cap in 4-5 years as our indications & sales grow. Meanwhile, I think our near-term acquisition price (MAX) would be in the range of $7B - $10B.

mistergern

Post by mistergern » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:01 pm

HI - I think your numbers are in the ballpark. Short-short-term we will not get 7-10b. I think we need FDA approval for 7-10b.

Hoosier Investor

Post by Hoosier Investor » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:45 pm

I agree. We will need approval(s) before $7B is a realistic possibility.

A $7B - $10B valuation may be reasonable once we have approval for LR-MDS and positive TLR for R/R MF. Good P3 data in both of those indications would make the probability of further approvals (HR-MDS, FL-MF, and AML) high enough for a large pharma company to justify the $7B - $10B valuation.

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:02 pm

Another mention of Dr. Rizo's new position as CEO at Vividion Therapeutics.

"According to her LinkedIn, Rizo remains a clinical and regulatory adviser for Geron."

Quite a few shake-up's at Bayer lately. A new CEO, which was prompted by several activist investors due to the $63B acquisition of Monsanto in 2018.

Bill Anderson, incoming Bayer CEO, has an "outstanding track record of building strong product pipelines and turning biotech breakthroughs into products.”

Like JNJ, Bayer is considering splitting the company into two separate entities: Healthcare and Agriculture. One has to wonder, what else JNJ and Bayer may have in common at this time? -Kmall

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/c ... retirement

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/bay ... ut-baumann

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:40 pm

I’m just hoping a don’t need my bottle of Bayer aspirin when the next piece of news comes out.

I am guessing not.
But I’ll need it next time my rescue dog goes hyperactive, which is probably later today. But I digress.

LWS

Post by LWS » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:48 pm

Like JNJ, Bayer is considering splitting the company into two separate entities: Healthcare and Agriculture. One has to wonder, what else JNJ and Bayer may have in common at this time? -Kmall
------------------------------------------------------------
This is all about cancer, one way or the other. Geron, with Imetelstat and telomerase inhibitors, is a fundamental component that kills cancer cells on its own, with a huge potential in combinations (TELOMERE & AML, for example).

Bayer AG is in trouble for purchasing Roundup (Monstanto), which apparently can cause cancer.

JNJ with its discontinued talc powders has been fined --- apparently causes ovarian cancers says juries. The evidence is minimal to nonexistent.

Both products have caused major, ongoing problems.