It doesn't matter:

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

It doesn't matter:

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:22 pm

It did not matter if you were low risk or intermediate risk
It did not matter if you were high transfusion burden or very high transfusion burden
It did not matter if you were any of these mutations:SF3B1, TET2, DNMT3A and ASXL1
It did not matter if you were RS+ or RS-
It doesn't matter if you don't know the nuances of a P value of <.001 (just know its pretty hard to find in many studies)
It doesn't matter if you know what a major improvement a rise in your hemoglobin of 3.6 grams means, that is unless your are a patient.

What matters is that Imetelstat helped a significant number of them ALL.

It does not matter that Geron issued more stock.
And it really won't matter when the MF data is looked at.
We have a good and important drug. That's what matters, it just may take some time to sink in.

Hoosier Investor

Re: It doesn't matter:

Post by Hoosier Investor » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 am

BP,

I appreciate with your points, but my blood is boiling at the moment. The immediate secondary offering has me feeling like a big 'ol lollipop (sucker) right now.....duped again. Dr. Scarlett had previously stated they had funding to get through the MF trial, and I felt the next batch of funds would come from a future ex-US licensing agreement. Thus, I didn't see this capital raise coming at all.

Today's actions (AM & PM) were coordinated in advance. The various firms would've known of the forthcoming secondary offering (after the bell), and one (or more) of them would've likely participated (directly or indirectly) in all of the selling and/or shorting into the strength of the rally. I suspect one (or more) of them would've already made inquiries with potential buyers (blocks of shares) which would further serve to highlight the coming capital raise. The collective knowledge of a forthcoming capital raise would help explain a 120M+ share day that saw our stock price drop 20% - 25% from the day's high. As a long-term shareholder it's quite upsetting to see such a coordinated & telegraphed activity by the company.

I thought we had some new analysts on the call this morning. I had thought that a good sign. However, it was probably not a coincidence that some (or most) of the analyst questions came from firms involved in the secondary offering.

I was frustrated by the day's share price erosion. It was upsetting when I realized there was a pre-conceived & coordinated after-the-market share offering involving several companies who likely contributed to and/or will benefit from the day's share price erosion.

Apologies if my comments and/or interpretations are off-base. The results were good, but I'm upset and needed to vent.
Last edited by Hoosier Investor on Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

mistergern

Post by mistergern » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:33 am

HI - I share your sentiments - well spoken - thanks for sharing.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:44 am

No question they plan to reward themselves handily at shareholders expense. One wonders what they plan to do with the extra money. They will have to tell us. Your points are well taken. I am trying to look on the brighter side of the message this PIII data brings.

kmall

Post by kmall » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:04 am

HI and fellow board members,
I had mentioned dilution in my frustrations as to what I had already seen coming down the pike here two weeks ago, although I must admit, I would of thought it was a little further down the road. With that said, more than a few were somewhat dismayed at my point of views and timing of my very public grievances. So all in all, while none of us really wants further dilution, it's unfortunately part of the process in getting across the finish line.

Just yesterday I posted a link here about what it actually costs to take a FIC Drug from early Pre-Clinical stages all the way through and into the Regulatory and Commercial process. A drug like Imetelstat costs in the neighborhood of $3B....as in BILLION $$$. In addition, a single therapuetic agent cancer drug costs by far the most out of any other category in existence. Peak of the mountain top if you will.

Silver lining.....when measuring up the $3B cost, $175M is really chump change, to put it blankly. A boat load for any of us mere mortals, but for this company to go toe to toe with Pharmaceutical Powerhouses they NEED TO WALK THE WALK. End of story. So while I can empathize 1000% with everyone's frustration on various message boards, personally I was much more upset at the Head of Investor Relations being out during this time period and no link or final deep analysis of the Lymphoid Malignancy study at MD Anderson being provided to shareholders. Those to me seem like blatant and TOTALLY AVOIDABLE occurances. Further dilution was/is par for the course.

Double silver lining. In my view.....and I could be totally wrong here, today's post market dilution is a signal to any prospective buyers or potential partners that Dr. Scarlett and Geron have more than the financial ability to go it alone. JP Morgan is next week. That's why the early TLR and now additional funding. Total poker move 101. Game face time fellas....and ladies in the house.

It's time to show he means business. The stakes just got SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER with today's move. All chips on the table.
Of course no pun intended Dr. Scarlett!!

Tonight we ride! -Kmall

bucbeard

Post by bucbeard » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:42 am

3 very good viewpoints made so far on this thread. I feel all 3 perspectives shared are accurate. Thank you all...this is what makes this board so valuable.

For me, as I posted late morning on YMB..

"Guess what...it doesn't really matter what the stock does today, though it feels good to see the investment validated. The reality is, there is nothing but positivity and benefit ahead for the suffering patients, families and investors. Everyone can play all the message board games they want, funds can play all the price manipulation games they want. Imetelstat is now a juggernaut. It truly is bigger than all of us."

Onward we go.

We WILL get there.

Gwikley

Post by Gwikley » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:46 am

It's a shelf offering. No posted share price.
Not necessarily to be used.
But of course they will. Got all those new salaries to maintain.
This is not the place to express the absolute feeling of being taken, once again, or the indifference to the small retail shareholders.
Or the callus timing.
So I won't. lol
But were the stats impressive....without a doubt.