Needham key message's: imetelstat is a transformative drug, AML to start this year

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Fishermangents
Site Admin

Needham key message's: imetelstat is a transformative drug, AML to start this year

Post by Fishermangents » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:24 am

Greg E. (SA) about the Needham presentation:

"No hint of any fly in the ointment, and Dr. Scarlett really wanted to get across how the data from the 79 year-old patient shows Imetelstat is having its intended effect on the Malignent Progenitor Cells. To me, it seemed his #1 goal in this talk was to really try to get across the significance of the data observable in this patient- he clearly felt the need to try to spell it out in a more step by step manner than he did in his last talk. Of course, those of us who have been watching this movie for many years understand how exciting the implications of these results are, and as you said above these results explain why Imetelstat is unique.

I think Dr. Scarlett zeroed in on the results from this one patient to try to convey to the investing community what many people on this thread already know- that it's already established that Imetelstat has disease modifying behavior in some patients. Personally, I think it's clear the PPS does not reflect what seems to me the self-evident promise of this fact. And I think Dr. Scarlett came up with a way to try to convey it that makes sense. If this were a drug treating a type of blindess that had never been cured, and 21% of the patients in the Phase II trial were able to gain at least partial vision while on the drug, imagine what would happen to the share price. By focusing on one patient and walking through the clear evidence of disease modifying behavior that no previous drug had ever shown in MF, Dr. Scarlett is being proactive in trying to get the investing community to see what seems frustratingly obvious to many here."