What’s different?

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

What’s different?

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:34 am

Thanks for the kind words and the great comments. I have found the foregoing very reassuring on a number of levels and Ryan even made me laugh. Naturally I along with all of you have been thinking about 2018. A lot of things are different now but I was thinking that the first lemming and the last lemming have a lot in common. I did hit the ground pretty hard after that jump and with all the “positive” signs wonder how in the world I missed the Janssen walk. And as Kmall has pointed out, not everyone did. I think it’s fine to ask the hard questions in this forum especially since we are all a little leery. But as many of us took a personal hit, so did Dr. Scarlett and his employees at the time, I am pretty sure they were disappointed too, although through options issues and continued salaries as well as the promise of future success being more likely now this will probably we hope, be made up and then some. But when you think about it, Dr. Scarlett could have walked also, salary or no. He had been pretty successful and didn’t need the head ache. But he stayed to see it through. That’s worth a lot. First off, Kmall you crazy guy, find a nice warm port with good internet and maybe get off the high seas in the middle of winter. Thar’s ice burgs out there! Well of course a lot is different over these four years (great pics from the booth by the way). That bizarre Janssen partnership structure in gone, the competition is clearly delineated, and a lot of data that Janssen never waited for is available and looking pretty pretty good. The COMMANDS data which we haven’t seen yet compares drug with a randomized epo arm. I think that might be a lower bar. Recall that all of the IMerge patients are all epo failures or not candidates (not dissimilar to MEDALIST population). The study has some “extra” patients” via the QT study who have MDS/RAS-T who should respond well to Imetelstat and might help with more meaningful comparisons with Luspatercept. We have genetic/molecular data and evidence for disease modification. We have OS data. I don’t need to rehash the list here. But things are different. I think we can surmise that the FDA gave permission to give Imetelstat to the Luspatercept failures we know about. And the FDA has blessed the manufacturing chain which we know about thanks to our fellow board members. I imagine after the legal wrist slaps, that Dr. Scarletts lawyers have him pretty buttoned up until TLR.He can’t say anything that could be misconstrued as misleading. We all know friends and family who have died from cancer/leukemia/MF/MDS. We all want this therapy to succeed. I will share with you that I correspond privately with some posters who have shared their respective journeys through treatment and even bone marrow transplant. Part of why I moderate this board is to give them a forum or at least a place to get information and share thoughts. I hope as this drug is further developed that it will bring hope and a better life for them. Anyway, thanks for supporting each other and me for that matter. Let’s hope Geron will do the same. Start the count down…With Best Regards as always, bp