And another window into November opens…

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

And another window into November opens…

Post by biopearl123 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:23 pm

Many of you have followed my efforts to clarify Geron’s IP, especially with regard to other telomerase inhibition therapies. A second oligo was returned to Geron from Janssen this year and it looks like other oligo’s are not likely to be pursued even though Geron clearly has IP in this area which again remains undiscussed, undisclosed, undefined and unelaborated upon, did I mention nebulous? A while back when I was trying to get a handle on Geron’s telomerase patent portfolio, I asked Hoosier Investor to review a particular patent, which he kindly did. This patent to my uninformed reading seemed to cover some or all of the MAIA telomerase approach and many other non oligo approaches to the telomere. When I pushed John on this in the shareholders meeting he was quite guarded and evasive. Since I was limited to the written question I could not ask any follow up questions and I noted a clear attempt to change the subject. Maybe in November is the reason and we will now see why. It is clear that we should see a window open to other aspects of Geron’s IP since whatever new technologies they are exploring with be covered by patents owned or licensed. This of course could include via an acquisition or a merger. More likely, to my mind it will involve IP already in Geron’s possession. Perhaps the CRO or the high quality academic institutions we have seen preclinical contributions from will come to the fore. Open the window already! bp

biopearl123

Re: And another window into November opens…

Post by biopearl123 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:54 pm

Our chant for November: Information or defenestration! Information or defenestration! :)

Zhears

Post by Zhears » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 am

"Information or defenestration!"
Love it. May have to steal it for a placard as well.

FC4364

Post by FC4364 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:11 pm

Interesting that we now have a tease for November which may forecast things to come in the way of new trials (Possibly). Either way, sort of remember someone at GERON saying no new trials until the low hanging fruit of MF/MDS had approval. Please correct this, if wrong but seem to remember it being said.

Also, not sure who it was but someone indicated that GERON had handed over 25 million back in 2019 or 2020 to the folks in S. Korea who manufacture Imetelstat. 25 million was to be used for expansion of of the facilities that produce Imetelstat. Expansion to be completed in 2021. If that is the case, FDA would have to inspect and approve facilities. Could it be, FDA is in that process now?

Month of November should prove to be interesting and one thing is for sure, "Things Change" (by the way that is a great movie – 1988 – Don Ameche) and I have no idea where GERN will end up but with the positive CC we had, future looks bright. In My Opinion, of course.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:31 pm

FC4634, I believe you remember correctly but the sands shift and there is now new data, new money (and a loan), and new preclinical work. As to the work is S. Korea, kmall is the resident researcher/expert in this area. He has uncovered a lot of interesting things, that being one of them.
bp