Investor Day timed with ASH is not a coincidence

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Ryan

Investor Day timed with ASH is not a coincidence

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:46 am

Just posted this on Yahoo! and very often my posts diaappear, so posting my supposition here. And I think AML data - stunning preclinical data in combo - is actually 5 years ago, wow that the data was so compelling and d so long ago:

Obviously the investor conference is timed with pre-ASH runup after the abstracts are published. Since Geron will not have Phase III trial data to show, and Phase II data has been published (including follow up)... Geron won’t have clinical data however...(!)

...Geron or a collaborator (more likely the latter) must have some preclinical abstract, perhaps in combo for other indications, that will be noteworthy - reason I suspect this is the fact the KOL (key opinion leader) will be a part of investor day and the company will be discussing other indications.

I presume when they discuss other indications they will have compelling preclinical data to bolster their plans - AML combo (stunning preclinical data) already is ~4 years old (4 years ago!) so has to be something else, or in addition.

Has to be.

biopearl123

Re: Investor Day timed with ASH is not a coincidence

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Ryan, agree the data from the PII studies appears to have been milked (and milked again). We have not seen actual mortality data however. What did patients die from or how many actually went on to develop AML? Maybe we will see something along these lines there. The promise of new preclinical data is exciting and unlike prior snatch the football fauxness, (e.g. we are going to buy a new company, we are going to start an AML study—well we have heard a lot of “stay tuned” over the years, after all), this time seems different. They have presented preclinical work on multiple occasions before but now they have hinted (why not just tell us for Pete’s sake) that they plan to present preclinical work that takes a new direction with a modified or new backbone for TI delivery? But you are right that’s probably where any new presentations will take us. Again with the posters. Since its preclinical, doubt that thunderclap oral presentation is forthcoming. Not till the PIII MDS data. They are certainly preparing us for a 2023 reveal, wish it could be 2022 ASH though. I am very heartened by the shortened timeline from last patient enrollment to study conclusion. Much data crunching and analysis will follow but since the vast majority of patients will have been enrolled for well over the 12 months for the last patient to go in one would think that only a handful of patients would have to still be looked at for top line data. We shall see. Best Regards, bp

biopearl123

Re: Investor Day timed with ASH is not a coincidence

Post by biopearl123 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:12 am

We know the new back bone is unlikely to be an oligo. Janssen returned the non imetelstat oligo to Geron last year. They were not interested in that either. We also know Geron has other IP that may actually impact what MAIA is doing but they are completely mute on this point when asked.