Geron’s social media efforts to support enrollment in CTs

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
huntingonthebluffs

Geron’s social media efforts to support enrollment in CTs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:55 pm

FWIW, I may not be seeing all Geron's efforts but it does not appear to me that Geron is as aggressively promoting Imetelstat or related CTs via social media as I thought they would. I expected much wider/deeper efforts especially with the pandemic enrollment issues, etc. Given I’m not particularly social media savvy, maybe I’m just not seeing that much of it. What little time I spend on Facebook for example, I see one MDS post but considerably more info on competitive studies. Assuming you don’t know much or anything about Imetelstat and maybe go to a link with CT information one has to be able to discern between the studies. But even then, if one goes to the NCI website and somehow arrive at this link:

www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/c ... als/search

and type in “lower-risk myelodysplastic syndromes” you will get a list of 6 clinical studies, none of which are for Imetelstat’s phase 3 CT. If you type in Imetelstat, you will get the Geron trials but you have to know Imetelstat first. If you type in “Intermediate-2 or High-Risk Myelofibrosis” you will get a list of 12 trials, one of which is the Geron MF P3 study which you would need to select out of the sizeable list.

If you go to the NIH site:

www.clinicaltrials.gov

and again type in “lower-risk myelodysplastic syndromes” for CTs you will get a list of 7 clinical studies, none of which are for Imetelstat’s phase 3 CT. If you type in “Intermediate-2 or High-Risk Myelofibrosis” you will get a list of 2 trials, one of which is the Geron MF P3 study.

Just seems this might be a little light based on what’s at stake, i.e. just not competitive with the competitions’ efforts. Would one think they should highlight it in more ways with some bright lights etc. versus making less knowledgeable patients find a needle in the haystack? Or am I missing their efforts, just over reacting or maybe there is no cause for concern as they know studies are filling nicely?

Anyway, besides trying to do research on NCI, NIH, ASH, EHA, MPN, Geron’s website, here is what I’ve seen via “social media” that would catch one’s eye:

MDS
https://imerge-phi.researchstudytrials. ... qD4zUjyDKI

https://www.aamds.org/treatments/clinic ... s-ipss-low

MF
https://patientpower.info/will-imetelst ... Qh9bgD3YWg

Anyone see any other social media links out there with promotional information from Geron on Imetelstat, the CTs, etc.

ashah

Re: Geron’s social media efforts to support enrollment in CTs

Post by ashah » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:05 am

Unfortunatley...you are correct.
But to be honest, as an investor, I am not surprised. In my "day job" I am an executive of 400+ people company, and I know how difficult day to day execution is. Remember till a few years ago, GERN was mostly in an observer/consultant mode, watching J&J do what they do (I will refrain from adjective rating on J&J performance. Now, GERN is supposed to be fully executing ... so I expect them to struggle for a few more months/years before they are operating efficiently.
So long as they are not screwing up on the SOPs... these lack of utilization of optimization, key word searches etc...all of these are icing on the cake.
My 2 cents....

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:20 am

Agree. Geron has mentioned how many times ? Their plans to utilize social media. Kmall did it as a one man juggernaut. It can’t be that hard. But Geron has not done it. Updating the anachronistic web page including recent hires, letter to stockholders, ridiculous rocking horse etc. Geron has not done it. I just don’t think these things are that hard. Hire kmall. Hire Hunt. Hire Asha. This stuff would be fixed in a New York second. bp

huntingonthebluffs

Post by huntingonthebluffs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:39 pm

ashah, thanks for your thoughts, you make a good point in that the work in the trenches, SOP, blocking and tackling etc. must come first, the ante so to speak. However, I do think getting the CTs fully enrolled is both critical and strategic, not icing or cheerleading.

If the CTs are filling nicely, maybe social media isn’t so important. Or maybe the CTs are filling at a rate that matches up with co-objectives / goals defined in the “grand plan”. In other words, they could speed up enrollments but that might needlessly just shine a light on what else might be lagging.

However, I see the competition’s social media efforts in terms of both numbers and types far exceeding what Geron is doing. The competitions efforts likely tell us that the social media efforts are quite important, especially in the current pandemic environment.

And to your points biopearl123, the visible incompletes on the website along with the “uncompetitive” social media efforts might be surfacing a problem or problems. Could it be there are not enough hands-on staff to execute the plans management is constructing? Hopefully, ashah’s points are on target that they are just still ironing out the organizational responsibilities and need a little more time here to get to “operational efficiency” and managing the day-to-day work. That being said, it would also seem important to have outward appearances reflect strong leadership at the lower levels where the rubber meets the road. That’s good for morale and the business as well. And BTW biopearl123, my vote would be to hire you!

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:46 am

Thank Hunt, for that job I would come out of retirement in a heart beat. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

ashah

Post by ashah » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:00 pm

May be we join for all stock, no cash. Call ourselves the Gerongers (after Avengers)... :lol: