What Didn't Happen

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

What Didn't Happen

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:13 am

Drug on the market by 2017 (yes that was once projected), current timeline for approval has lead to emergence of many competitors
AML study (dangled more than once)
No further dilution (right)
Janssen continuation agreement
A debt free company (not anymore)
A European partner
A US partner, merger or BO
An additional FDA designation (eg breakthrough, accelerated approval)
Combination trials
An accurate assessment of how Luspatercept would affect enrollment in MDS study (initial guidance, not much but now maybe more so)
Clarity regarding Geron's IP (eg re 6 thio dG)-- we don't discuss Geron's IP
A clear picture of future development plans beyond the two PIII studies in progress, just very vague hints during conference calls of broad potential (we are not ready to discuss that just yet), if not now, when?
An opportunity to have active discussion and exchange with CEO and board (eg real time conversation even over Zoom) at shareholders meeting or during the year for that matter, (shareholders must submit written questions, which may be edited)
Explanation of what expansion of hires for "R and D" actually means
Updating of "durability" data in lower risk MDS study at ASH 2020, a glaring omission for unclear reasons
An effort to differentiate new competition (eg CPI 0610), good job differentiating Lus, though
Stock price appreciation (I state the obvious)

Think I will wait to see what actually does happen before voting my shares this year. Please feel free to challenge the accuracy of any of the above, (done from memory and reflective of strongly held opinions)

biopearl123

Re: What Didn't Happen

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:23 am

Oh, also, failure of the "second" Janssen agreement. License returned to Geron.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Insider buying. If only to show confidence.

cheng_ho

Post by cheng_ho » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:32 pm

Good summary. In a lot of alternate universes, imetelstat went into combo trials on blood cancer in 2006, and at this point is obsolete, having been replaced by 6-thio-dG or something better.

We're stuck in the universe where Skynet has no competition from carbon-based life.

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Failure of, or failure to pursue solid tumor studies, CLL, myeloma (can't hold current team responsible for that)
Disappearance of Dr. Tefferi (understandable in light of irresponsible statements and action--my opinion-- "tantamount to a cure" and patent grab)
Disappearance of Dr. Lane (odd after optimistic combined post ASH conference with both Dr. Lane and Dr. Scarlett)

I don't think anything I have listed is untrue but if it is please correct. Dr. Scarlett and team, this is how things look to us. If you can correct this view please do. Public relations is not a company strength. Yet all must recognize the Herculean accomplishments of having two PIII's as a small independent company. That part is good. I do expect an update on the MDS study to be presented at EHA. Further evidence of true disease modification may save the day, but many patients had discontinued drug. Could it be resumed after a drug vacation? Will we see evidence of an effect on transformation to AML? Will we see further evidence of potential in other indications (CML blast phase?). We shall see. Regards to all.

Zhears

Post by Zhears » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:43 pm

If, as previously stated, we don't get any interm results at EHA or ASH, then I can't see anyone one having confidence in this in the long term.
If the result are anything like the P2 then at this point they should be able to prove it. Leave it for another 2 years would be not good for shareholders How do we raise a vote of no confidence again?. Wishful thinking as we don't know if any abstracts have been accepted for the EHA till the day after the AGM. Which if I wasn't all in and under water at this point would be a red flag

biopearl123

Post by biopearl123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:04 pm

Add to the list We are looking at companies to acquire

Zhears

Post by Zhears » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:51 pm

"Add to the list We are looking at companies to acquire"

Yes, I think that one is being saved as the nail in the coffin for any positive news that may dare risk its head.
Do we know how the extra shares will be sold to the market yet?