Trading over the last few days. Technical question.

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
Zhears

Trading over the last few days. Technical question.

Post by Zhears » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 am

Hi all,
Sorry for the none science-related question, however, it's the best forum to address the strange activity of the last week and you are all keen observers.

I'm rather too heavily invested in Geron for my own good and keep a close eye on it( I know, watched toast and all that) however the larger than average volume and the incredibly tight trading range was completely abnormal. Large or small volumes wouldn't move the price at all, it was under a tight rein constantly and the whole rise and dump perfectly controlled. This was only obvious if you were watching on a minute ticker view, anything larger and the graph looks perfectly normal.

Has anyone seen this type of excessive control elsewhere? I don't mean a pump and dump scheme, but in the blatant way it was done.
Previously you would have expected a few hit pieces for the dump and maybe a few random positive ones on the days before to get retail in. This was just tight control of the price, for 3 days and walked up.
The vast majority of the volume sold with no change at all to the price.

So, its not a consiparcy theory answer I am looking for really, but trying to find a reference to what I observed to be something that regularly happens in the markets. From there possibly what we can expect at this point of the development cycle and possible buyout scenarios of the next 18 months.

Or was it the market makers clearing out the stops while they know its quiet, is one suggestion that I have been given so far.

rccola335

Re: Trading over the last few days. Technical question.

Post by rccola335 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:15 am

strange action - price rise very slow and steady and then walked back in last hour - watched it today and knew it would go back at end of day

Gwikley

Re: Trading over the last few days. Technical question.

Post by Gwikley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 am

IMO, large position holders SEEM to be allowed to back out of their short positions without those buys influencing the current share price. Not into conspiracy theories. But it does seems out of the ordinary.