What the financial analysts will miss

Forum rules
- Comments must be civil and on topic
- Back up claims with evidence/reasoning/sources (posting links is allowed)
- No commercials/harassment/spam
biopearl123

What the financial analysts will miss

Post by biopearl123 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 pm

We have an upcoming meeting today. The financial analysts often seem to ask uninformed questions and miss the point and yes I know you read these posts. Often someone else is sitting in because the analyst is busy. So lets get to the positives and negatives. So far with two exceptions (disregarding the "informational abstracts that highlight future PIIIs") the abstracts will review previously presented data from EHA. Even Dr. Platzbecker's presentation of the remarkable TI stops with a data cut off that was the same as that presented at EHA even though there is an opportunity to update that data by a very meaningful 6 months (at least). Will it happen and if not a reasonable explanation should be proffered. Will the financial analysts pick up on this--we shall see. I am betting no. But really the PII data is done and milked, even though an update would be welcomed since we know some patients in the MDS study remain on drug at least up to the time of the Geron ASH PR. What Geron would like to do at this ASH (my opinion only) is to finally make definitive statement and issue a challenge. The definitive statement is that Imetelstat has a direct effect on the malignant clone in a very meaningful way, hence this language from Dr. Mascarenhas et al:

"Conclusions: Clinical responses to imetelstat treatment were observed regardless of baseline cytogenetic status, and a subset of pts achieved ≥50% reduction in cytogenetically abnormal clones. Significant dose-dependent reductions of mutation burden by imetelstat were noted and correlated with improved overall clinical benefits including higher rates of spleen and symptom responses, bone marrow fibrosis improvement, and prolonged OS. Together with the clinical data that suggest improvement in median OS in these pts, the data presented here further demonstrate that imetelstat has disease-modifying activity by targeting malignant cells, as evidenced by depletion of cytogenetically abnormal clones and reduction in mutation burden. These results will be confirmed in the planned Phase 3 study in refractory MF."

Note the absence of the word "potential" (it is present in the title however but not the conclusion"). The challenge is: can any other drug in advanced clinical development do this? Analysts should be asking that question directly to Geron. I hope they do. If they don't I will do it myself in May when we get our only shot at being heard as shareholders. Stay healthy, bp

Gwikley

Re: What the financial analysts will miss

Post by Gwikley » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:28 am

Thanks biopearl. You deserve some of those "incentive" options that Geron seems to pass out so freely.